Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first post as I only joined last week and I have recently acquired my discovery sport 2017. Having read the handbook on charging the battery I see many owners on here have chosen to charge it themselves, my question is did anyone find the negative connection on their car at the opposite side to where the battery is situated and therefore needed to extend the lead on their charger?
Any advice would be great fully received.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had my charger on the other day, just to reset the service interval on my scanner and there does not appear to be a dedicated earth point, I just connected positive to battery and the negative to a chassis earth (engine mount) on the other side of the engine. I couldn't see a proper earthing point, but this worked ok for me. If the battery charger is properly regulated then you can connect direct to battery terminals (a lot of people do this anyway).

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
562 Posts
Hi

Connect the leads directly to the battery posts. I have my ctek wired to the posts permanently.

As a safety step plug the charger in last to prevent any chance of sparking at the battery. Unplug the charger before disconnecting the charger.

If using a large commerical charger it is always best to disconnect the battery.

I recommend the Ctek charger because it is a smart charger and it is the same brand Landrover sells,,only rebranded.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts