Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed or had installed the OEM illuminated door sills?

I like the look of them but would like to install them myself.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you can hold off a bit I will be doing a DIY build thread on this shortly.

The OEM door sills are not prewired in the DS from the factory. The sills come with a 3 wire harness. The OEM are ment to connect to the door well foot lights and to the overhead dome light switch...very pricey to have the dealer do it due too the amount of labor to disable the dash to get to the wires...

I hope to start the DIY thread in the next week...

Reactions: 4sallypat

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. Can't wait to see the thread I am certainly interested in doing this.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Its not hard, just need to get the cut out sills, that's what I'm waiting for. I talked to a local laser cutting shop here in town and they quoted me around 125.00 to cut the letters out. You might want to start calling around to see who does it in your area, you can send them this picture as a start.

The person I am getting the cut out sills from is going to list them on eBay once I get them and show him the finished product. Well at least that is the plan. I don't know what the price is going to be.

Still much cheaper than spending over $512.00 on line for the OEM's. Part number: VPLCS0286LAA

What I think is nice about doing these is that you can pick any colors LED's that you want, and not be stuck with the OEM Whites!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh wow you are doing it entirely from scratch. I was planning on ordering stills and just doing the wiring. This will be a neat project to follow!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm set to go waiting on USPS!!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm set to go waiting on USPS!!!!
The door sills in your picture are those the ones you ordered from Turkey? how did you like them?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes they are from Turkey. They are well made, and I was impressed because the picture was a bit deceiving, the letters are actually raised and polished, not painted on. I'll be selling them off when I get the news ones for my build.

I think they are well worth the few $$ extra compared to the ones from China.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'll be selling off my plates in a few weeks, PM me i your interested....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Another update, sitting in Customs in New York since Dec 8th.......no delivery date set up by USPS.....YET!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts