Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thanks for the detailed summary. Enjoyed reading it. I have found that if I turn of Eco mode and just use the general driving mode that the DS is much more responsive. I pull out in front of people at lights and on the highway in the General(?) mode. Eco seems to steal too much power from the engine. Of course, I probably lose a bit of gas mileage, but in most of my in town driving it is worth it!

On the auto start/stop, I sometimes turn it off, but most of the time it doesn't bother me that much. So far, it has been smooth, although like you, I have had it stop/start a bit too quickly when I wasn't completely stopped and then needed to start again. However, overall, it works fine, and much better than the Audi A6 loaner I had a couple weeks ago for my wife's Q7. The A6 cut the engine off several times at lights when I was rolling to a final stop rather than being completely stopped. The DS seems to be much better.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Been away from the Disco Forum for too long, my bad...

Rear differential seems fixed. Other than that nothing much else to report. No news is good news!

:nerd:
Well, I just started getting the two-wheel drive error today. Happened twice. I've been moving the car in and out of the garage to work on my garage door and didn't notice the error, but based on this post, and your other thread on two-wheel drive, I suspect it's not going to go away easily and might even need a rear differential replacement. Sheesh. Oh well. At least it's still under warranty. I'm about 14 months owning it and 16.5k miles so far. We'll see what happens. I'm hoping it'll just go away. I had several other system failures at times that were a one-time thing (e.g., AEB failure).

·
Registered
258 Posts
My research on this says that sometimes the error occurs when there is a pressure drop read by the sensor in the rear differential. It can be transient and not an indication of a serious problem. Apparently the brain in the transmission shuts down the rear differential to avoid damage when it gets such a reading. It can also mean a faulty transmission fluid pump, although I'm too sure about that one. In any event dealers may want to replace the whole thing to be sure. Mine has been fine ever since the replacement. I'm at 40k miles now, replaced at 20k, first error two-wheel drive light right about the same time as you. If it resets when you shut off the car, you are good. You can also drive the car safely in two-wheel drive mode indefinitely - its just not as much fun... It is bummer when it starts happening all the time though.
After my error appeared, it never went away. I took it in today and they are ordering the pump. Won't be fixed until late next week. We'll see how it goes. I'm concerned that it may come back and they'll have to replace the differential. The only saving grace is that it seems as if I'm getting a few more miles to the gallon!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts