Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Welcome LRDSnTexas from your neighbor to the north! We too love our DS!
Sounds like youve had many of the same issues as others....with the additon of a few extra! This is the first Ive heard of the two wheel drive warning ligh issue. But you probably have more miles on your DS than any other owner to date so people may start to see it as miles pile up. We had ours about the same amount of time and have less than a 3rd of the miles.

I also noticed the lackluster low end performance. I also found that the Sport mode helped slightly. I have also noticed that here lately in the starndard mode the reponse is getting better. I do drive it in manual mode some as well. But yeah, it has been performing better down low lately.

Its interesting that you would like to turn your start/stop off permanently. I think most people would like this option. Personally I like the feature far more than I thought I would. I feel it works fine with no hnderance to my driving. I do turn it off when negotiating tight areas such as parking. Even if I ad the option to turn it off, Id still keep it on.

I hope you enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Ya know, I used to wonder if there would be a new shift map download available for the DS at first... 9 speeds is a lot to manage and I was sure they'd offer some improvements. However, either I'm getting used to how the trams is shifting or its learning to shift better. I actually think it's adapting to our driving patterns and is shifting better. My was drives the DS daily, not me, and she is a lead foot so if this thing does adapt its shifting depending on driving style, then better hers than mine. LOL!!

I have my fun when I used the shift paddles then I can do whatever I want the trans to do. :)

All that said, I still wouldn't be surprised if there is an improved shift map available for download at some point.

This is actually my first turboed vehicle. I've had a few supercharged vehicles and the lag does take some getting used to, as opposed to a SC's nearly "instant on" characteristic. :) I'm getting used to that as well. Since I'm no turbo expert I'm not sure there's anything that can be done to address that?

I kind of wish the DS had a V6 option but I can see why it doesn't, mespecially at launch. But imagine a 3.0l SCV6 in this thing!

·
Registered
606 Posts
I kind of wish the DS had a V6 option but I can see why it doesn't, especially at launch. But imagine a 3.0l SCV6 in this thing!

They have already come out with a slight performance variant (mostly suspension upgrades) so who knows, maybe the SVR team will get ahold of the DS and shoehorn a SCV6 into it???

·
Registered
606 Posts
Dayum son! Thanks for sharing. You do drive the piss out of it, don't you?
FWIW, I have nitrogen filled tires. So my tires stay fairly stable at all temps. I did add a little air, which was not enough to effect pressure stability to the heavy load settings. I thinks it 40lbs front, 42lbs rear. I like it much better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts