Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting oil changed in my 2016 Discovery Sport,( not at dealer), I do not know how to reset the service soon notification. From what I have seen online, it says to hold trip reset button, but on the newer models, it is all electronic. It does not say in manual, at least I did not see it. Any ideals would be appreciated, Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Set the ignition to the ON position.
Open the hood.
Open the drivers door.
NOTE: A service resetting message will appear on the instrument cluster.
Fully depress both the accelerator and brake pedals and hold for 60 seconds.
Set the ignition to the OFF position.
Set the ignition to the ON position and check the message has been cleared.
If the message remains, repeat the process.

·
Registered
348 Posts
That way is right out of the service manual so it should work, provided it is not like some of the other electronics in the car>:D

My car does not give notification of any service, but they have a software update for it now and for the rest of the gas engines. So it will come in handy when going independent.

M

·
0 Posts
I recently received a "reminder" about service due in 1,900 miles. I understand that the service interval (oil change) is 10,000 miles. Well, I have about 6,200 miles on the clock. I'm no Einstein, but can perform simple math - and that seems to add up to 8,100 miles. Any one else see the same thing, or have an idea why that "reminder"? Do they think I need an extra 1,900 miles of "reminder"??:(

·
Registered
348 Posts
Since mine does not give reminders where does the reminder show up???

Could it be time related from the time it was built???? and the dealer did not reset it.

M

·
0 Posts
Reminder shows up in the center display (between tach and speedo) after start up. Goes away after a few seconds...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was told the service interval (australia) is 24,000kms or 12 months whichever comes first....Apparently the service interval is 26,000kms or 12 months or whichever comes first... my display says that it is 18,500kms and I received the notification of service requirement with 3500kms to go.....

So Im F'ed if I know what the actual service interval is- Raised it with the dealer and they say they have a fix for this that they will roll out when I drop the car in for a service....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Set the ignition to the ON position.
Open the hood.
Open the drivers door.
NOTE: A service resetting message will appear on the instrument cluster.
Fully depress both the accelerator and brake pedals and hold for 60 seconds.
Set the ignition to the OFF position.
Set the ignition to the ON position and check the message has been cleared.
If the message remains, repeat the process.
Can anyone confirm if this has worked?

·
Registered
63 Posts
my car here in Australia has the same deal- 26,000km or 12months.....I got a warning at 15,000km that a service was due in 3000kms....

then at 1000kms to go the warning changed to service required and no number countdown- apparently a patch was deployed to my car to correct this

·
Registered
63 Posts
my car here in Australia has the same deal- 26,000km or 12months.....I got a warning at 15,000km that a service was due in 3000kms....

then at 1000kms to go the warning changed to service required and no number countdown- apparently a patch was deployed to my car to correct this

Edit- not fixed post service- powered the car up still got the service required message...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

If the service notification on a diesel vehicle is occurring before the advertised millage, this is not a fault with the service monitoring system. It is a deliberate design feature.

Due to the way the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) regeneration process works, unburnt diesel fuel passes into the oil where it dilutes the engine oil - lowering viscosity and breaking down the oils lubricating properties in general.

That this is occurring is not conjecture. JLR themselves have recognized this an issued a Service Compliance Notification - JLRP00100. Note it says "continued operation with high oil diluction will result in engine failure" amongst other things.

As I am new to the forum I cant post a link, but if you google the above reference you can find it easy enough.

Bottom line is that the additional oil changes caused by the Diesel dilution of the oil are a recognized warranty items. No-one should be just resetting the service warning, and you definitely should not be driving the car once the warning has been illuminated. You are likely causing excessive wear and other component damage.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I still want to know if that reset procedure posted by Dashnine worked.
It sounds like something from Border Control TV Shows where they catch drug smugglers and these dealers have some crazy elaborate mechanism to release hidden compartment.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I still want to know if that reset procedure posted by Dashnine worked.
It sounds like something from Border Control TV Shows where they catch drug smugglers and these dealers have some crazy elaborate mechanism to release hidden compartment.
Read up a few posts and you can read that it works.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts