Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me figure this out before I break something.
Screws are removed, flap at the sides at front are detached and flap at the center at the back also. Still the cover doesn’t disengage from the front.
See attached pic.
An actual video of someone removing it would be just perfect

·
Registered
41 Posts
You probably already figured it out, but for future reference to anyone that comes across this thread: give it a couple firm pulls.
It may feel like you’re going to snap or break the plastic but it’s necessary to disengage the front clips (the black u-shaped pieces in the picture above). The plastic is pretty good quality and a lot more robust than it seems.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You probably already figured it out, but for future reference to anyone that comes across this thread: give it a couple firm pulls.
It may feel like you’re going to snap or break the plastic but it’s necessary to disengage the front clips (the black u-shaped pieces in the picture above). The plastic is pretty good quality and a lot more robust than it seems.
In all honesty, no I haven’t. I left it alone until someone gave me the tip I need, I am scared of braking it.
Is too much to ask for a video of the process or at least pictures of the cover removed?

·
Registered
41 Posts
There’re 8 clips in total. Two are on the outer edges and I would start working these two loose first if the cover seems very stuck. Then, it’s just one sharp yank to release the rest of the clips. It’s not a very elegant or dignified process, so here’s a picture of the finished result instead.

·
Registered
42 Posts
just remember to pull it forwards, not downwards. I pull one side until the clips release, then pull the other. I actually reach underneath with one hand and pull forward from the back of the plate, while I pinch the lip at the front and pull at the same time, that gives more grip and control. Once you've done it a couple of times you get the feel for it and the clips ease off a little. It's not all as fragile as it feels anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts