Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to find details of the algorithm used to work this out. I one of my first long journeys I could not understand how my P300e was deciding how to use battery vs petrol. At one stage the battery seem to drop from just under 50% to zero very quickly. Another thing that only happened once on my 150 mile journey was that the petrol engine was directly charging the battery, but only for a few minutes. I would like to understand the logic. The electronic handbook is no help, it doesn't mention engine charging at all as far as I can see.

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
590 Posts
I don't have a hybrid but as far as I know the battery that drives the wheels is charged by either plugging the car into a charger or by regeneration when braking.

The car's engine powers an alternator that charges the car's 12 volt battery only. That is why the handbook does not mention engine charging.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, that may be true, but occasionally there is a connection shown between the petrol engine and the Li batteries on the energy flow screen. It is that I am trying to understand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts