Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So late last night I start to try to figure out how to remove and replace the wiper blades on my wife's 2016 Discovery Sport HSE. Does not seem to be similar to any other cars we have owned, and some google searches only produce guidance for other land rover models that seem to have a cover that flips open which is not present on our discovery sport. BAck wiper is even less obvious to me.

I see other entries about which replacement wipers to buy, but nothing on how to remove.

Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK - spent a little more time last night and worked it out. Front stock wiper blades DO have a small fold-back door that once opened allows the blades to be slipped out of the "hook" on the arm. Replacement Michelin stealth wiper that I bought snap into the hook, but no door or cover over the hook like the stock land rover ones. Rear wiper - you need to remove the whole arm to get enough angle to release the blade. Cover over mounting bolt hinges open - toward passenger side of car, metric socket to unscrew and then remove the whole arm to remove on the bench.

M

·
0 Posts
Lenvo65 - you don't need to remove the rear wiper arm from the car to remove the wiper blade. Removing the plastic cover over the wiper arm attachment (which reveals the bolt) allows the wiper arm to swing away from the rear window - allowing better clearance for the wiper blade. Then, move the wiper blade from parallel to the arm to about 90 degrees (may take a little effort). Then, with a little more effort, the wiper assembly pops free from the arm. Reverse process to reinstall. (tried it last night and worked this way - meant to take photos, but didn't - can if anyone wants them).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts