Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just bought a 2017 Disco Sport with stock 18' rims and tires. I was just wondering how these tires perform in winter and snow? Do I need winter tires here in Toronto Canada? Mostly city driving... Please let me know how you feel about using the stock tires in the winter.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

We live in Toronto. This winter we had a fair amount of ice and snow. In fact they are calling for a big storm this Wednesday. We had stock tires on our Cherokee Trailhawk and never had a problem. Put it in snow mode and away we go. They were huge. It was the first thing that people would comment on when they saw her.

Thanks again for answering!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fellow Torontonian here! We got our DS last fall and put snow tires on it in December. Wife uses the car to go to work every day, plus we do the odd trip to Ottawa, so snow tires were a no-brainer. The DS will get you going with any kind of tire under almost any condition. The problem is when you need to stop... That's when a snow tire is ALWAYS superior to a summer or all season. That is by far the most important reason to get a winter tire, unless you can just leave your car parked when the conditions get bad (but what's the point of owning a Land Rover then...?).

I got new rims and tires from Simply Tire, and they look and grip fantastic. The tires are Continental WinterContact SI on 18" Fast Wheels rims. Because of the offset, the tires stick out a bit more than the standard setup and with the rugged grooves in the tires, the whole setup looks aggressive - love it!
Thanks. My hubby has winter tires on his car. I didn't have on my old jeep and didn't have any problems. But since this is an entirely different vehicle I was wondering what it would be like driving it in the winter. I do a lot of city driving with some winter trips to Blue Mountains and the odd trip to Mont Tremblant in the winter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts