Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm currently in the market for a new suv been looking at the discovery sport. Seems very capable etc etc I am looking at one use a 2017 SE with 21000km on it it's listed at 29,000CAD which see.s like a great price. I'm just looking for honest opinions of this vehicle and how well you guys like yours of issues you have with it. One thing I have seen alot of based on reviews is lackluster interior and the plastics feel cheap. Would like reviews based on actually owners such as yourselves. Thanks !

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've had mine almost 3 years. I love it.

The only problem I've had is repainting the grill. My Disco was keyed on both sides, and I repainted the doors. Then I decided to repaint the grill (matte black), as the original silverish paint was ...peeling. Now it looks brand new.

I live in a historic town with cobblestones in Mexico, so the ride noise in town is substantial, especially when hitting the speed bumps. When I hit the tarmac, it is quiet. My wife, who has a bad back complains about the lack of smoothness in the ride. I've wondered if changing shocks would improve the ride in town. I don't have air shocks or anything like that. Not sure I can get a smoother ride in town, that would not damage the off-road capability. I tend to drive as fast as possible on the cobblestones, as I find the ride smoother that way. Like riding on the crest, instead of from crest to trough. I'm not sure my wife would agree however.

Yesterday I had to climb through a washed out gully, and found my wheels ocasionally airborne, so I engaged the traction mode and watched (with a great smile) as I slowly emerged, while the rest of the vehicles behind me had to retrace their route and find another way through.

Did I tell you I loved my Disco?

I've only got 19,000 km on the speedo and the Scorpion tires are still good. I'l probably replace them next year anyway. The tires look pitted a little, but probably from all the rough riding I'm giving them. From what I'm reading here, I think I'll keep the Scorpion and not switch.

What I find amazing is that there are no rattles in this car. Before I bought this, I drove a Grand Cherokee, and a VW Tiguan in this town. They rattled terribly after a few months and I had to get rid of them.

By the way, I'm driving a 2015 HSE with the early gas engine. The fuel consumption is not anything to write home about, but that may have more to do with my driving style.

The entertainment/a/c panel is not up to 2019 standards, but It will not cause me to get a new one.

That's about it. I'd buy it again. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts