Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2016 DS wobbles only when making a left turn over 50mph. It can be on smooth or rutted tarmac and is so bad the off road braking cuts in. Tyres are all new Bridgestone and no faults in the steering, suspension or brakes can be seen.
Any ideas please?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Our 2016 DS wobbles only when making a left turn over 50mph. It can be on smooth or rutted tarmac and is so bad the off road braking cuts in. Tyres are all new Bridgestone and no faults in the steering, suspension or brakes can be seen.
Any ideas please?
You say the tyres are all new so have you taken it back to the tyre place to have them check it out?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi.
I took it back to the tyre fitter and to an unrelated mechanic. Nothing mechanical found.

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
594 Posts
I would have them rotate the tires to see if the problem is with the wheels. Bent rim, rim not seating on hub, balance or defect tire. If the problem goes away great and if not more detective work

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got the exact same problem with a 2015 disco sports we have just bought. Have you fixed it yet Tribrad?
No. Not exactly. I've put a few extra psi in all of the tyres and avoided carrying any load at speed, but this isn't a real fix. Sorry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No. Not exactly. I've put a few extra psi in all of the tyres and avoided carrying any load at speed, but this isn't a real fix. Sorry.
I have got all the tyre pressures set at correct settings and no load in the car. Wheels all seem good. Anyone else with any thoughts?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Are the rims OEM or aftermarket? Have the correct wheel nuts been fitted?
If it’s not suspension, steering components or wheels/tyres then I’d start looking at drive line. Drive shaft imbalance? Engine mount issue?
Do you notice any loss of engine performance when it happens?
Could it be the engine is shaking due to a problem with getting fuel to it when you turn left at higher speeds? Have you tried with a full tank of fuel and almost empty?

·
Registered
52 Posts
It is interesting that the wobbling happens only when making a left. Have you tried to let other drivers to reproduce the same issue? If you couldn't find any mechanical issues on suspension, rim, tire, etc., it might be related to your driving habit.

Or... have you tried to have other passengers sitting on left side (assuming you are in UK) to get some weight balance? If the same issue won't happen when you have passengers sitting on left side, the suspension might perform just 'poorly' rather than 'faulty'.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any ideas please?
My 2017 DS is at the dealer right now for a drive line wobble. though mine happens going straight in slow and go traffic, left and right hand corners from take off noticeable up to 20-25 MPH and less noticeable at highway speed but still present. I suspect it the mid drive shaft bearing but word from LR yet. See what happens on Monday when the continue the diagnosis.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts