Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, first time owner of a discovery sport. (2015 HSE 2.2)
I’ve had a few error messages come up on the dash,
Traction control is constantly off and can’t switch on and steering feels heavy.
I plugged it into my code reader and shows no codes.
Seen a few guys do a hard reset(
Disconnect the battery and touch the cables)

has anyone done this? Will this help? will it cause issues
And would I need radio code etc to start the radio again
Thank in advance guys.

· Registered
99 Posts
Are you using a generic OBD-II code reader? You might need something that'll read manufacturer-specific codes. I've never tried to reset the computers by disconnecting the battery but I wouldn't really expect it to work. Most newer cars need to have the reset done with a scan tool (not a generic OBD-II one). Also, it sounds like you probably have a problem with the steering that needs to be fixed and a computer reset isn't likely to do it. Your steering and traction control issues could be related since a problem with your steering can keep the traction control from being able to work. I think your car has electric power steering. If you're lucky it's just something like a corroded ground connection. Electric power steering uses a lot of electricity so a bad connection can definitely cause some problems.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys, my discovery sport drives perfect then I had a few random lights come on the dash.
park brake, traction control, abs, my
Terrain response not working and power steering heavy.
No codes showing when checked.
I tried a hard reset, and that clears the lights and steering is light again but only for a short wile.
have any of you guys ran into these faults?
anything I should look out for?
I’ve got it booked into land rover near me but they can’t take it till mid February.
thanks in advance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts