Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased our Discovery last winter. Unfortunately, our car’s been in the shop quite a few times. We’ve had issues with SD cards formatting, media center failure, uneven brake wear, and of course the uneven lurching acceleration. The lurching issue has been resolved several times and of course returns after time. We’ve gone through the re-purchase process only to be told the acceleration issue is not a defect but instead “undesirable.” I’ve read there are many here who love their cars. I can’t say that I share that feeling. I do hope however to learn go-arounds here to learn to live with this car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
same feelings here - got mine back in June. Since then it was in the shop for 3 weeks and not all issues resolved, so far it's really the worst car I ever had ��

·
Registered
590 Posts
We purchased our Discovery last winter. Unfortunately, our car’s been in the shop quite a few times. We’ve had issues with SD cards formatting, media center failure, uneven brake wear, and of course the uneven lurching acceleration. The lurching issue has been resolved several times and of course returns after time. We’ve gone through the re-purchase process only to be told the acceleration issue is not a defect but instead “undesirable.” I’ve read there are many here who love their cars. I can’t say that I share that feeling. I do hope however to learn go-arounds here to learn to live with this car.
We have a 2015 Model. Ours has had some small issues, one popped up with terrible timing, but LR handled them and made it right. If you have too many issues start you claims with LRUSA and get them involved first.
However the biggest issue we’ve had was with the transmission. Ours had the lurching problem at first but seemed to correct itself over time as the computer made corrections. Then it came back with a vengeance. They replaced the transmission and it’s been much better. We were very disillusioned for a bit, but we’ve come back around. When this car is running trouble free, it’s a joy. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for late response. The media center/infotainment screen goes black and reboots itself...while in use.
Coincidentally, the car is back in the shop for another reoccurring issue. If you were someone looking at this forum trying to decide whether not you want to buy this car, think really hard about what we are all saying

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sorry to hear about the issues.....I came from Audi (4 cars over 10 years) - never anything major or repetitive.
Love the look of the DS and the off-road fame.....so decided to get this one....
So far I have owned my DS for only 4 months, it has only 4200miles and there have been some really minor issues, except the latest - being check engine light and smell of oil....while I wouldn't call it a bad car (YET) - I am surely NOT happy.

I am in NJ and the market here is very competitive for car dealers ...so I know that if things continue to go south...I will take full advantage of the situation.
We also have one of the best Lemon laws in the nation.... 3 times within a year or total of 30 days in the shop for the same issue and it is officially a lemon and must be taken back at full value.
Helped a family member a few years back....it was actually an easy process.

HOWEVER, I hope and surely want the car to be solid and reliable...I want to enjoy it....this is why I bought it in the first place....to drive it everyday with no fear something will go wrong....right ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
So The media screen has done the same thing to me on 3 occasions. 2 times were on really long road trips (7 hrs long) and the last was on a short trip. 1.5 hours into a trip. When I got the oil changed in December, I brought up the problem. They check the software or something. Took a look at if it needed to be updated. They said everything looks good but will upgrade the software the next time it an upgrade comes out. It hasn't happened again. (did a 5 hour trip with no issues) But this issue was not happening very often to begin with so I'm not sure if its just waiting to happen.

I call this a minor issue and still love the car. Besides some squeaks and rattles that have been mostly resolved, We have gone off roading (in an off road area with the big boys) and in Death Valley and this thing rocks. I hope you get your issues resolved as I don't have those issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts