Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Got a white HSE TD4 + black pack bought in July '15. It's done amazing offroad (been on beach, bush tracks, through water and snow without issues!). Especially impressed with beach driving.

Loving it despite the problems that have popped up along the way (which bring me to this forum). Only thing keeping me sane is repairs covered by warranty.

Looking forward to meet other discosport owners who are keen to go on offroad trips in/around Sydney. Dm me!

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome to the forums ! Sorry to hear about having past problems, but what issues did you have to go through if you don't mind me asking ?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Wish we can get the TD4 diesel in the states....:crying:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So far I've taken the car to get fixed for:

- Stuck headrest in 3rd row (it wouldn't fold back down) - they needed to replace the whole seat
- Broken trim in 3rd row (where seatbelt clip is)
- Broken pump for rear window windscreen wiper spray
- Outgoing messages no longer sending (this still doesn't work but supposedly attributable to phone security upgrades)
- Internal trim and body panels not fully secured

These issues haven't bothered me too much especially as they are all covered by warranty. The inconvenience has been the biggest pain in the **** Latest issue that has started coming up is the "2 wheel drive only - traction reduced" mode which disables the terrain response system. I'm hoping this gets an easy fix...especially as I'm going to the snow in a few weeks!

If there was no warranty I would be pretty disappointed, but seeing as it's a new car bound to have teething issues and I didn't have to wait months for it (at one point we were told we'd need to wait for 6 months after ordering), I'm quite satisfied.

The drive on & offroad, look & feel and utility (managed to go to the snow with 4 adults and 2 children last year - it was tight but everything fit!) all make up for it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
- Outgoing messages no longer sending (this still doesn't work but supposedly attributable to phone security upgrades)
I have this issue, too, now that I think about it. I'll have to add it to my list when I take the car back in for the 20k mile service (assuming I don't have to take it in sooner for something like the license plate light recall).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Uh the traction response reduced issue seems major. Don't know where you are but I found Land Rover Corporate support to be incredible. When I had an issue in my first week I had someone call me personally. And I can call her whenever I have an issue.

Go to Twitter, get it fixed.

- Stuck headrest in 3rd row (it wouldn't fold back down) - they needed to replace the whole seat

These issues haven't bothered me too much especially as they are all covered by warranty. The inconvenience has been the biggest pain in the **** Latest issue that has started coming up is the "2 wheel drive only - traction reduced" mode which disables the terrain response system. I'm hoping this gets an easy fix...especially as I'm going to the snow in a few weeks!

If there was no warranty I would be pretty disappointed, but seeing as it's a new car bound to have teething issues and I didn't have to wait months for it (at one point we were told we'd need to wait for 6 months after ordering), I'm quite satisfied.

The drive on & offroad, look & feel and utility (managed to go to the snow with 4 adults and 2 children last year - it was tight but everything fit!) all make up for it.

·
Registered
54 Posts

The first list of points would definitely get on my nerves quite a bit though. Little things like that grind my gears lol, little pet peeves I guess. But I definitely hope that gets dealt with before you hit the snow. You'll definitely need it :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts