Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Totally new concept to me. On what principle it operates?
Does it have some visible ugly wires in it sort of like in the back window?
Does it interfere with cellular or GPS signal?
Does it expose the driver to a harmful magnetic field?Hm...

·
Registered
5 Posts
1. If you live in a state where it snows/ice forms on your windshield: get it. You never have to scrape your windshield another day in your life.

2. The mini wires are so thin/fine, it blends into the windshield so well you'll never notice it unless you really look for them.

3. Does not interfere with any kind of signals and to my understanding, no harmful side-effects towards biological beings.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You notice them at first and occasionally. I nit pick at things and didn't know if i truly liked the sight of it at first. Now i don't even see them anymore. I actually forgot they were there.

Onehundredfly is correct, they are tiny thin wires and don't interfere with visibility, at certain angles are invisible and at others you can barely see them. I had to get this if we wanted ventilated seats. its worth it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I LOVE my heated windshield. I live in Louisiana, so the ice isn't a problem here, BUT the humidity is so high and dew so thick that windows frequently fog inside and out. The heated windshield knocks that out no trouble! I had one on my '08 LR2 and used it weekly -- every season. I would have never thought it would be as nice as it is, but it is! I'm glad my new '16 DS has the cold climate package. The heated seats are nice as well!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Same here - agree with all of the above. Must-have feature in cold climates.

I'm also someone who's picky about little details, and I was concerned that the tiny squiggly lines would be visible and that I wouldn't be able to stop focusing on them. Not a problem at all. You will notice them if you really look for them, and it's a little more noticeable in certain light, but in daily operation you completely forget about them and they never get in the way.

As for what principle they operate under, you simply turn them on/off with a button on the dash. They also turn on with the max defrost button. That's it - very simple.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Totally new concept to me. On what principle it operates?
Does it have some visible ugly wires in it sort of like in the back window?
Does it interfere with cellular or GPS signal?
Does it expose the driver to a harmful magnetic field?Hm...
On an other forum you posted that you have taken several test drives did you see any wires?????

If you read other posts you may see that other people are using phones.

Oh yes resistance heating wires produce large amounts of harmful magnetic fields>:D hopefully stopping the cellular signals :eek:

Not sure what kind of Animal it is but yesterday saw a Raccoon near the car

·
Registered
123 Posts
Opted out...for me I found the lines distracting and annoying. Thankfully I park underground so I may only see snow and ice on my windshield 2-3 times a winter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We didn't notice the lines (they look more like tiny dots) until driving at night. Stoplights and some lighted signs seem to have an aura around them that my wife finds extremely distracting...to the point we had a conversation about changing out the windshield on the 2018!! She's going to see if she gets used to it first.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Temperature has just dropped in our area and love the way the windshield defrosters automatically start up and clear the mist. First one out of the parking lot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts