Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at JLR dlr today and saw the '16 DS advertised Heated Rear Seats, then looked at my sticker and it says:

Climate Comfort package
* Heated (Fr & Rr Seats, Steering Wheel & Windshield)
* Climate Front Seats* (HSE & HSE LUX Only) <- I have an HSE

I usually have car seats in the back - but wondering if anyone has experienced pleasure of rear seat heat that I could entice my friends with? And HOW DO YOU control it? The controls for heat/cool only seem to show Front Seats and Rear/3rd row A/C?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Heated seat controls are on the back side of the console. If we go out, I will start the car remotely, then casually reach back and tap those on when everyone gets in. Heated rear seats are awesome. Climate seats - (cooled) I am still undecided on those.

·
Registered
242 Posts
my wife tried it the other day sitting in the rear seat with my daughter. she said it worked fine. too bad my daughter couldn't feel it because she was on a car seat. the control buttons are on the back on the center council facing the rear seats. while this is cool feature that other cars don't have, the AC in the rear is terrible. it does not get circulated enough at all.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Here are the controls viewed from the back seats - I use the heaters now but in the summer, the cooling seats will be just so good!

BTW: I love my climate comfort seats for hot days - the ventilation is just so nice not to have sweaty backs while driving in the hot summer days.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
For the heated and cool seats, is there a way to choose between heat and AC? or does it do so based on your climate control setting?

·
Registered
588 Posts
For the heated and cool seats, is there a way to choose between heat and AC? or does it do so based on your climate control setting?
Yes, only the front seats have the heat and cool feature if you got the climate comfort option.

Look on the center dash, seat logo hard button.
Screen will show red (heat) and blue (cool) arrows - select heat/cool level using arrows (soft buttons).
You can also select heat/cool of the back and/or seat surfaces separately which makes it nice if you just want to cool your butt or warm your back....:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts