Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
My heat shield was the source of a lot of terrible chafing noise that I though was in my engine when I first got the vehicle. It took them two service calls to figure it out and it was fixed but apparently the heat shield was not positioned properly at the factory. There should be a bulletin about this as it has been a common issue.

Ever since the heat shield was fixed, I haven't had any issues (going on 6 months).

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have horrible rattles from the exhaust at the foot well area and have had it in twice. They said a heat shield was "bent" and they bent it back. Still rattles like heck at low rpms.

M

·
0 Posts
I had two heat shields come loose (there are a bunch of them), and one fall off. BY the time I got to the dealer they tightened one and replaced the other, but tried to charge me for it, claiming I must have caused it (by hitting debris on the road or something -which makes no sense considering where the heat shield was). At any rate, after a bit of disbelief and arguing, they forgave the charges (didn't take much, I must say).

·
Registered
1 Posts
My heart shield is damaged and landrover dealer told me that whole exhaust would need replacing to fix the heat shield. Is this true?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts