Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone!
I am owner of a Land Rover Discovery Sport 2015 petrol engine. And seem to have two very big problems with the car who actually a software issue , not mechanical ones. First of all i bought the car from America, and I live in Europe. The first problem is with the check engine light which does not affect the car performance at all. The error code is: 02 sensors

The second problem is that sometimes when i start the car it give me two error codes and they are always together: hdc system fails and gearbox fault. Sometimes the errocodes don't occur for weeks, sometimes i have to restart the car more than 11 times so the problem can go away. I've gone to the local dealer here and they refuse to take a look at the car, because its from America and the simple answer is: go to the dealer in America- so they can fix your problem.
My question is: Do someone knows a way to fix this because I really love the car.
Thanks in advance for your replies

· Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
842 Posts
Curious as to how you got a car from the USA as many features are different in the North American market regarding safety and lighting.

Looks like the O2 sensor needs changing for a start. The other problems can also be caused by battery problems, but if not you need the systems checked out by an independent garage.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, the battery is brand new.
The error code; lost Cam communication.The mechanic told me that the cables are ok. And there is technical bulletin that fixes all of the things above, I will send it to you when i find it

· Registered
7 Posts
Hi to everyone!
I am owner of a Land Rover Discovery Sport 2015 petrol engine. And seem to have two very big problems with the car who actually a software issue , not mechanical ones. First of all i bought the car from America, and I live in Europe. The first problem is with the check engine light which does not affect the car performance at all. The error code is: 02 sensors

The second problem is that sometimes when i start the car it give me two error codes and they are always together: hdc system fails and gearbox fault. Sometimes the errocodes don't occur for weeks, sometimes i have to restart the car more than 11 times so the problem can go away. I've gone to the local dealer here and they refuse to take a look at the car, because its from America and the simple answer is: go to the dealer in America- so they can fix your problem.
My question is: Do someone knows a way to fix this because I really love the car.
Thanks in advance for your replies
Hi Boris, on the gearbox fault check back to see if that was one of the recall vehicles. I'll bet it was and at time they were to have software update and then if not right transmission crimp wiring check. If land rover started that recall repair in anytime from 2016-7, and you still have that issue they are bound by law to complete, but they will tell you anything to get out of it because they know there are 1000's of those not fully checked and repaired. Note that fault is considered high crash risk as can jump from D to N in motion ie no accelerator then. They told me mine was robustly checked and fixed and then i got a diagnostics done and they actually hid 1/2 the report. when i got it, it was showing same fix needed that was supposedly done in 2017. I then got a grade 4 land rover trained tech to pull it apart and he said even though the vehicle was recalled and sign as done, it was impossible because 1st fix was software and on mine the 2014 1st software hadn't been updated. you will have a long battle with land rover as they will be totally dishonest and tell you the gearbox has just and wear and tear and needs new one - but that's so you get rid of their repair. even though they know about mine, they still renege on it and actually state on a recorded call they will not ask their own engineer to conform and therefore think that as never confirmed they don;t have to repair. Going legal shortly.

· Registered
5 Posts
hello, I just ran into the same thing. Had the tech clear our the error and its gone now. Did this keep coming back for you? Let me know if you ever find out what the issue is. Looked for a Recall but there seems to be none for my vehicle.

· Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
842 Posts
LandRover10 both the above can not help you. One is from Bulgaria with a North American Car that has somehow arrived in Bulgaria and LandRover refuses to look at and the other does not own a Discovery Sport.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts