Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got 2017 Disco sport TD4 180 HSE from a private dealer. The fuel economy mentioned was 100 kms per 5.3 litres. I filled in 40 litres and only driven about 111 kms and half the fuel is gone.
Please suggest if there is anything I can do or did I buy in a car with issues loaded in already?

·
Super Moderator
381 Posts
Write down kilometers on the car , Fill the tank and drive to 1/4 left and then refill then do the calculation..

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would second Bill F's suggestion. One thing to keep in mind, car manufacturers fuel economy ratings are usually determined under ideal conditions to achieve the best km/liter or mpg.

My Disco Sport is the petrol version and I get around 24 mpg in mixed highway/city driving. I don't think that's too bad for a heavy vehicle. Sorry, I don't have the metric conversion handy. (although I really wish the U.S. would join the rest of the world and go metric)

Finally, how's your driving style? Is it conservative or sporty, or a mix? That can have a big impact on your fuel economy.

·
Super Moderator
381 Posts
24 US MPG equals around 9.8L/100Km.

Do you do the math or trust the on board computer? My computer is out close to 20%

·
Registered
31 Posts
24 US MPG equals around 9.8L/100Km.

Do you do the math or trust the on board computer? My computer is out close to 20%
I was going by the onboard computer. I should do the math next time and see if there's any difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts