Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
I had a great Canada day....blew the turbo on my 2018 disco haha. Thankfully it was replaced and all under warranty but still kinda crazy that a turbo blew with only 40,000km on it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Not the celebration you hoped for,, but at least it was better than sitting at home watching TV!

Turbos are very durable but run at very high speeds and need good oil. Have had a turbo in all my cars Since the early 80's. Best to allow a cool down after long highway drive.

Registered
I recall the sales rep saying when I purchased my CLA45 a few years ago that I need to let the turbo's cool down after long drives or after pushing the car too hard. They noted the same at Land Rover when I picked up the discovery. I have always been adamant about doing so but I must have slipped up somewhere along the way.

My dealership was great though, I was leaving for a camping trip to Algonquin park (3.5 hours away) for 4 days and they had me take the loaner and enjoy my time worry free. The only down side was not having my roof rack on the loaner for racking some paddleboards. ha :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts