Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I have a 2016 discovery sport and was getting an alert for 4wd being disabled. The local shop tells me it will be $1900 USD to replace the Haldex and controller, including labor and reprogramming. Does this seem like a reasonable cost? I've read here about people cleaning / flushing them but the shop said the unit needs to be replaced.
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I ordered the part from Land Rover Parts and Spares Direct and worked very well. The part number is LR051321. It is just $353 now. Don't let your mechanic order it from the dealership.

Alternative option is cleaning it, but I didn't try. Mechanics always say "You need to replace the part (Or, you can't fix the part)" but it is not true in many cases. He better say... "Replacing a part is generally cheaper than fixing a part". Replacing parts is the most efficient method both for mechanics and customers. Fixing parts need more labor and time so customers end up paying more than replacing to a new one. Therefore, if you know how to fix it, you can try DIY.

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
754 Posts
What do you mean by "not for the Haldex only for the pump."? Replacing LR051321 for 4WD disabled issue (2WD only issue) is a very common practice. I ordered, replaced, and fixed.
If you read the post from mOx he was quoted $1900 to replace the Haldex unit completely. It causes confusion when a price is given for one part and no labour. When did you replace yours and how long did it take.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you read the post from mOx he was quoted $1900 to replace the Haldex unit completely. It causes confusion when a price is given for one part and no labour. When did you replace yours and how long did it take.
I replaced mine Oct 2020. It was a half day job for a pro mechanic. I tried DIY, but the job was above my skill level as it required adding transfer case oil too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.