Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
I noticed that the steering wheel scanned through presets on FM a while ago, but not satellite. Since I rarely use FM anymore, doesn't really help me. I had recent service done, which included all updates, and no change to satellite scanning.

Although, voice commands do work to scan presets (and allow tuning to AM/FM stations). Hit voice control - say Next Preset or Previous Preset, and voila (well, after it processes the command and then implements)! Certainly not as convenient as being able to hit one button on the steering wheel, but it's something. Other voice commands for radio as well.

I don't recall ever seeing a menu option to allow text scrolling. Seems random for me - nothing, then suddenly scrolling, then gone again - without any input or changes by me... aaaargh!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have the mid-grade stereo audio upgrade - Meridian 380W, satellite, HD radio (which is kind of cool, by the way:cool:), not the Entertainment Pack with 825W Meridian. Still no scanning from preset to preset on satellite from the steering wheel (though will scan presets on AM/FM from steering wheel).

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hmmm. Good question. The loaner Evoque I had didn't have satellite, so had to rely on FM (I know, spoiled). I noticed it on the Evoque, so tried on my DS when I got it back and found it worked. So, not sure if it worked before that or not. I'm not sure if the recent updates included infotainment. The Evoque also had a Meridian radio - so that may be the deal if yours has the "base" radio.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hmmm. Good question. The loaner Evoque I had didn't have satellite, so had to rely on FM (I know, spoiled). I noticed it on the Evoque, so tried on my DS when I got it back and found it worked. So, not sure if it worked before that or not. I'm not sure if the recent updates included infotainment. The Evoque also had a Meridian radio - so that may be the deal if yours has the "base" radio.

I have to issue a correction (at least for my DS) - I can not scan FM presets, I must have been thinking yet about the Evoque:p. Find it interesting that others are able to after a recent update. Hmmm...I had recent updates and still doesn't work for me (although I rarely use FM).

·
Registered
211 Posts
Same radio for mine. I wonder what radio rcbjr2 has?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well, had mine in for service a couple of weeks ago, and they applied updates (I presume all, but don't know for sure if audio was included - sounds like it should have). I have the mid-range audio upgrade - but can't scroll through presets in FM (let alone satellite). Hmmmmm.

·
Registered
211 Posts
:crying:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts