Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I received the audio update a few weeks ago, I hadn't checked this before, but for the radio, at least when using FM, the steering wheel button now scrolls through your saved stations rather than scanning thru all stations!! Yea!

Also, when using my iPod, the "shaded" image of the album cover now stays displayed on the touch screen! Previously, you could see it when the song first started playing, but then it disappeared. Now it stays. Sometimes the album cover doesn't lend itself to the display and doesn't look too good, but it's a little better than just the plain background.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is fantastic news! I assume you went to the dealer for this update. Was the audio update the only thing you had done or was it part of a service visit or warranty work? Did you specifically ask for the audio update?

Thanks! :)
My media system would freeze a lot when backing up, which got dangerous because the camera image would not change. Also, the system would just reboot itself for no reason shortly after starting the car (after the system already started once). So I asked them to fix the reboot problem and they located an audio upgrade.

I brought it in for my 20k service. They also applied some battery update that supposedly ensures the systems all shut down when the car is off along with the "recall" for the sunglasses holder.

I also had a bad rattle in the back. It took them 2.5 weeks to get some part for some suspension piece but now, knock on wood, the DS is virtually rattle free (except for when the seatbelt clips are now in their "holders" and they bang against the "walls" of the car).

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hope the OP can shed some light on this, because by the sound of it, his couldn't scan presets and then the update fixed it.
I could not scan FM presets before the update. I don't subscribe to satellite so I can't check that (I already subscribe to Google music, so I use that instead of satellite). Now I can scan FM presets. I'll have to try the voice-control. That didn't work when I first got the car. The update fixed the FM preset scanning. I have no bulletin number for the update. My invoice just says "found software update available for the audio head unit. Updated the audio head unit." Now, having said that, I did get an audio upgrade a few months ago, but didn't check FM presets. For all I know, it was the previous upgrade. I just happened to test it this time. I think I tested it before and it didn't work, but everything runs together and I didn't keep notes so I can't be sure. ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts