Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I received the audio update a few weeks ago, I hadn't checked this before, but for the radio, at least when using FM, the steering wheel button now scrolls through your saved stations rather than scanning thru all stations!! Yea!

Also, when using my iPod, the "shaded" image of the album cover now stays displayed on the touch screen! Previously, you could see it when the song first started playing, but then it disappeared. Now it stays. Sometimes the album cover doesn't lend itself to the display and doesn't look too good, but it's a little better than just the plain background.

·
Registered
106 Posts
That is fantastic news! I assume you went to the dealer for this update. Was the audio update the only thing you had done or was it part of a service visit or warranty work? Did you specifically ask for the audio update?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Although I received the audio update a few weeks ago, I hadn't checked this before, but for the radio, at least when using FM, the steering wheel button now scrolls through your saved stations rather than scanning thru all stations!! Yea!

Also, when using my iPod, the "shaded" image of the album cover now stays displayed on the touch screen! Previously, you could see it when the song first started playing, but then it disappeared. Now it stays. Sometimes the album cover doesn't lend itself to the display and doesn't look too good, but it's a little better than just the plain background.
Hey, would you mind letting me know whether your new update contains the option for text scrolling? Before, it was there - but my most recent audio update caused the option and its checkbox to disappear from the menu. Thanks.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I noticed that the steering wheel scanned through presets on FM a while ago, but not satellite. Since I rarely use FM anymore, doesn't really help me. I had recent service done, which included all updates, and no change to satellite scanning.

Although, voice commands do work to scan presets (and allow tuning to AM/FM stations). Hit voice control - say Next Preset or Previous Preset, and voila (well, after it processes the command and then implements)! Certainly not as convenient as being able to hit one button on the steering wheel, but it's something. Other voice commands for radio as well.

I don't recall ever seeing a menu option to allow text scrolling. Seems random for me - nothing, then suddenly scrolling, then gone again - without any input or changes by me... aaaargh!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just got word from my wife, who's at the dealership. They say that there is no audio update that can be applied to our car...

So, our car is a 2017 HSE with the base stereo (not Meridian). Is there any possibility that the audio update that allows you to switch presets from steering wheel only applies to a different year or just the Meridian?

Larry, do you have the Meridian or the base stereo?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have the mid-grade stereo audio upgrade - Meridian 380W, satellite, HD radio (which is kind of cool, by the way:cool:), not the Entertainment Pack with 825W Meridian. Still no scanning from preset to preset on satellite from the steering wheel (though will scan presets on AM/FM from steering wheel).

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have the mid-grade stereo audio upgrade - Meridian 380W, satellite, HD radio (which is kind of cool, by the way:cool:), not the Entertainment Pack with 825W Meridian. Still no scanning from preset to preset on satellite from the steering wheel (though will scan presets on AM/FM from steering wheel).
Did yours scan FM presets since you got it or was that a feature that got added after some update?

Ours doesn't scan presets and dealer says it can't be done.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hmmm. Good question. The loaner Evoque I had didn't have satellite, so had to rely on FM (I know, spoiled). I noticed it on the Evoque, so tried on my DS when I got it back and found it worked. So, not sure if it worked before that or not. I'm not sure if the recent updates included infotainment. The Evoque also had a Meridian radio - so that may be the deal if yours has the "base" radio.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I hope the OP can shed some light on this, because by the sound of it, his couldn't scan presets and then the update fixed it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is fantastic news! I assume you went to the dealer for this update. Was the audio update the only thing you had done or was it part of a service visit or warranty work? Did you specifically ask for the audio update?

Thanks! :)
My media system would freeze a lot when backing up, which got dangerous because the camera image would not change. Also, the system would just reboot itself for no reason shortly after starting the car (after the system already started once). So I asked them to fix the reboot problem and they located an audio upgrade.

I brought it in for my 20k service. They also applied some battery update that supposedly ensures the systems all shut down when the car is off along with the "recall" for the sunglasses holder.

I also had a bad rattle in the back. It took them 2.5 weeks to get some part for some suspension piece but now, knock on wood, the DS is virtually rattle free (except for when the seatbelt clips are now in their "holders" and they bang against the "walls" of the car).

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hope the OP can shed some light on this, because by the sound of it, his couldn't scan presets and then the update fixed it.
I could not scan FM presets before the update. I don't subscribe to satellite so I can't check that (I already subscribe to Google music, so I use that instead of satellite). Now I can scan FM presets. I'll have to try the voice-control. That didn't work when I first got the car. The update fixed the FM preset scanning. I have no bulletin number for the update. My invoice just says "found software update available for the audio head unit. Updated the audio head unit." Now, having said that, I did get an audio upgrade a few months ago, but didn't check FM presets. For all I know, it was the previous upgrade. I just happened to test it this time. I think I tested it before and it didn't work, but everything runs together and I didn't keep notes so I can't be sure. ;-)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hmmm. Good question. The loaner Evoque I had didn't have satellite, so had to rely on FM (I know, spoiled). I noticed it on the Evoque, so tried on my DS when I got it back and found it worked. So, not sure if it worked before that or not. I'm not sure if the recent updates included infotainment. The Evoque also had a Meridian radio - so that may be the deal if yours has the "base" radio.

I have to issue a correction (at least for my DS) - I can not scan FM presets, I must have been thinking yet about the Evoque:p. Find it interesting that others are able to after a recent update. Hmmm...I had recent updates and still doesn't work for me (although I rarely use FM).

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have to issue a correction (at least for my DS) - I can not scan FM presets, I must have been thinking yet about the Evoque:p. Find it interesting that others are able to after a recent update. Hmmm...I had recent updates and still doesn't work for me (although I rarely use FM).
I had a very recent audio update and can not scan presets. 2015 DS with mid-level radio ($800 Audio Option Pack).

·
Registered
211 Posts
Same radio for mine. I wonder what radio rcbjr2 has?

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have the Audio Upgrade package ( not the Meridian) and recently received the "Infotainment" update at the dealer.

I can now scroll thru the presets on Sirius XM satellite - yippppee!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the Audio Upgrade package ( not the Meridian) and recently received the "Infotainment" update at the dealer.

I can now scroll thru the presets on Sirius XM satellite - yippppee!
Interesting! They gave me the latest update and I can now scroll thru presets on FM, but not on SiriusXM! I stand corrected vs. my last post!

·
Registered
106 Posts
OK, so this could be a problem that is currently only addressed for those with an audio upgrade. Hopefully they're working on something for the base radio as well.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well, had mine in for service a couple of weeks ago, and they applied updates (I presume all, but don't know for sure if audio was included - sounds like it should have). I have the mid-range audio upgrade - but can't scroll through presets in FM (let alone satellite). Hmmmmm.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well, had mine in for service a couple of weeks ago, and they applied updates (I presume all, but don't know for sure if audio was included - sounds like it should have). I have the mid-range audio upgrade - but can't scroll through presets in FM (let alone satellite). Hmmmmm.
OK, so only addressed for some with an audio upgrade! :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts