Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Proud new owner of a 2017 Disco Sport HSE with black pkg, driver's tech, convenience and navigation here in Toronto, Canada. Just passed 1,000 km and absolutely no issues so far. My wife uses it for her work commute, but it will also be used for a lot of longer trips out of town. We previously had (and it's still in our driveway!) a 2002 Mazda Protege5 since new, so this is a big upgrade for us. Our 7-year old twins are happy as clams in the backseat, being able to recline while gazing up through the pano roof.

The first picture was taken with my crappy cellphone camera in our driveway after first picking it up, while the second picture is better quality from just this morning with snow tires on. We've had a good amount of snow here over the last week and I just had them installed. My wife feels invincible on her commute now! I'll post some more detailed impressions of the car in the general forum.

Cheers and happy to be part of the club!

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Welcome to the gang! I'd really be interested to hear how yours handles the snow - we don't get too much in Texas! (though I can tell you the A/C works well!)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the gang! I'd really be interested to hear how yours handles the snow - we don't get too much in Texas! (though I can tell you the A/C works well!)
Glad to hear the AC is working well - we'll need that in July!

It's been a tank in the snow so far. The roads were snow covered yesterday when my wife was coming home from work (2 hours for a stretch that would usually take 20 mins...), and she had no issues. She saw some other cars spinning out, but the DS on the new Continental SI winter tires was tracking straight no matter what. Still, I feel it's capable of so much more, and I'll get a better chance of testing it when we go to Ottawa for Christmas - lots more snow there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome!
We had almost 10in of snow since sunday here in Montreal and a cold start this morning, -23'C (-10'F). Instant start!

You will enjoy it this winter!

·
Registered
258 Posts
We don't get much snow down here in NC, but we had a bad storm for a couple days last year and the DS handled it well. I used the snow setting and when I turned it off just to see what would happen the rear end started slipping so I turned it back on. I figured the car new best!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Welcome from the "true North" ???? I think Toronto is further south than most of Canada LOL You will like the heated steering wheel as well as the auto turn on of both front and rear defrosters. The heater seems very good as well but we have had only -8c for the low so far.

Snow in the west coast, lower mainland area but rain coming back Monday we hope. Car seems to perform well in the snow and ice but the rear end will start to slip a little when the snow setting is not selected.

Oh we had 10 cm of snow unlike cyclope's 10 inches

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Welcome!
We had almost 10in of snow since sunday here in Montreal and a cold start this morning, -23'C (-10'F). Instant start!

You will enjoy it this winter!
Heading to Montreal just after Christmas. Always go there for a bit of a break while leaving the kids with the in-laws for one night. Almost every year there's been a huge dump of snow just before we get there and we get to enjoy the unplowed side streets and parking in the snow banks. Sure will be nice to have the DS to help tackle that mess. Still love that city!

We don't get much snow down here in NC, but we had a bad storm for a couple days last year and the DS handled it well. I used the snow setting and when I turned it off just to see what would happen the rear end started slipping so I turned it back on. I figured the car new best!
My wife used the snow setting yesterday when it was snowing heavily. She felt it was good, but she doesn't really have anything to compare it to yet. I haven't had a chance to test in rough conditions yet, but I'm sure looking forward to trying the different modes.

Welcome from the "true North" ???? I think Toronto is further south than most of Canada LOL You will like the heated steering wheel as well as the auto turn on of both front and rear defrosters. The heater seems very good as well but we have had only -8c for the low so far.

Snow in the west coast, lower mainland area but rain coming back Monday we hope. Car seems to perform well in the snow and ice but the rear end will start to slip a little when the snow setting is not selected.

Oh we had 10 cm of snow unlike cyclope's 10 inches
Yeah, "True North" is a bit of a joke. I'm originally from Norway, so I know what true north looks like! :)

Already enjoy the heated steering wheel, and we also have the heated windshield which is great. No need to prewarm the car, just turn on the engine, turn on the heated steering wheel and seats (heated windshield turns on automatically), let the revs settle and off you go. It sure is easy to get used to this!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts