Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just traded my 2013 Navigator in for a 2016 Discovery Sport HSE. I'm torn....

Pros -
1. Love my Navigator....loved it. But this was a good deal....and my gator just turned over 65,000 miles. 65 k vs 14k....I went with the Land Rover with the warranty and better gas mileage.
2. Love the look of the DS.
3. Love some features - Like the gear shift. Panoramic roof. Heated steering.

Cons -
1. Auto/stop start. - hate it. Called the dealer (169 miles away) and he said it can't be disabled. But he said one day the battery will go out on it and I won't have to worry about it?!?!

2. Heated/cooled seats -we can't just push a button?? We have to use touch screen each time we start the car. Plus the heated driver seat makes a blowing sound...service said they would do some research on that and call me back.

3. Sound system does not sound great to me. My hubby thinks it's great but I'm not a fan. Plus I mainly use Bluetooth and there's times when the song just stops for a few secs then starts back up again...yet never did in gator or anywhere else.

4. Cup holders small?? Is that just me?

5. Change drawer? I know stupid, but I'm used to having a place to stow change.

6. Arm rest console moves forward. But doesn't lock in place, so if we move it forward it will slide back easily and vice versa

7. 3rd row seat =tiny

8. Idles loudly....almost like a helicopter overhead. The kids thought it was the car next to us but when I let off the brake and move forward a tiny bit, the sound stops.does this with auto start on and off...

9. Would like to take Discovery off the front and put Land Rover on front instead but can't find pics of someone who has done this...has anyone?

Maybe I'm just having a tiny bit of buyers remorse going from fav car to DS...maybe I'm just being too picky...just wanted to see if I'm the only one?!?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi, just traded my 2013 Navigator in for a 2016 Discovery Sport HSE. I'm torn....

Pros -
1. Love my Navigator....loved it. But this was a good deal....and my gator just turned over 65,000 miles. 65 k vs 14k....I went with the Land Rover with the warranty and better gas mileage.
2. Love the look of the DS.
3. Love some features - Like the gear shift. Panoramic roof. Heated steering.

Cons -
1. Auto/stop start. - hate it. Called the dealer (169 miles away) and he said it can't be disabled. But he said one day the battery will go out on it and I won't have to worry about it?!?!

2. Heated/cooled seats -we can't just push a button?? We have to use touch screen each time we start the car. Plus the heated driver seat makes a blowing sound...service said they would do some research on that and call me back.

3. Sound system does not sound great to me. My hubby thinks it's great but I'm not a fan. Plus I mainly use Bluetooth and there's times when the song just stops for a few secs then starts back up again...yet never did in gator or anywhere else.

4. Cup holders small?? Is that just me?

5. Change drawer? I know stupid, but I'm used to having a place to stow change.

6. Arm rest console moves forward. But doesn't lock in place, so if we move it forward it will slide back easily and vice versa

7. 3rd row seat =tiny

8. Idles loudly....almost like a helicopter overhead. The kids thought it was the car next to us but when I let off the brake and move forward a tiny bit, the sound stops.does this with auto start on and off...

9. Would like to take Discovery off the front and put Land Rover on front instead but can't find pics of someone who has done this...has anyone?

Maybe I'm just having a tiny bit of buyers remorse going from fav car to DS...maybe I'm just being too picky...just wanted to see if I'm the only one?!?
Disco is much smaller than the Gator so 3rd row is limited. I didn't get that option so can't speak to functionality too much. My Disco doesn't idle loudly or the seat heating make noise either so I would have service look at that. I'm also not much of a fan of the auto start/stop and now it's just habit to disable after I start my car. I agree cup holders could be bigger but I've adapted to that and my armrest is still stiff so it currently doesn't move from where I set it without some force applied. I personally am happy with the sound system but use the aux cable for music and bluetooth for calls.

·
Registered
211 Posts
TrendyB - I don't have engine noise/smoking either - in fact, mine is very smooth and quiet. The cup holders do seem small/tight - but hold drinks REALLY well! The cup holder on my Infiniti was large, but useless for holding anything. Any turn, and over they'd go (sometimes even out of the cup holder).

The 3rd row is small, especially compared with the Navigator, but compare vehicle size as well. Have you seen the "secret" cubby beneath the cup holder? Not the best for holding change, but certainly somewhere to toss it...

I have also been thinking about pulling the Discovery off and replacing with Land Rover - found letters on Amazon - but have yet to do it. I'd like to see photos from someone a little more adventurous than myself before I tried:rolleyes:!

Agree 100% on the heated/cooled seats - a real pain to turn on/change temps...

I don't mind the auto stop/start in most cases. In heavy traffic, I just hit the button to turn off. I do think there should be a way to permanently disable.

I have no issues with the sound system (I have the mid-range system), though have seen similar complaints from others. I guess I don't have that educated of an ear, or don't pay that much attention due to road noise, etc. Though, I do think the sound from satellite is not as good as USB or even broadcast radio.

Overall, love my DS - but it ain't perfect;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts