Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you are driving, and you've turned on the AEB and Forward Warning options using the setup menu accessible from the steering wheel, do you see a green triangle icon in the dash indicated that Forward Warning is active? If I read the manual correctly, the icon should appear if you turn the option on. However, I do not see an icon while driving even though I have the options turned on. And as discuss before, I've been in situations where I thought it should kick in, but it doesn't. Thanks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
never tried to use it but i'll give it a shot tonight. I did use the "downhill" mode last weekend when I was driving through the canyon, it seemed to help reduce speed further when I had to come to stops. it also had a display on the screen above my steering wheel while it was activated.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, great. Let me know what you find out. I haven't tried the "downhill" mode yet either because my dealer said it was for really slow and maybe steep hills and I was thinking it might be for heading down the mountains from some place like Asheville and going 55 mph, but I guess that's not it. ;-)

·
Registered
5 Posts
That icon will only turn on when AEB is activated prior to rear-ending another vehicle. It's the visual alert tied to the AEB system.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you are driving, and you've turned on the AEB and Forward Warning options using the setup menu accessible from the steering wheel, do you see a green triangle icon in the dash indicated that Forward Warning is active? If I read the manual correctly, the icon should appear if you turn the option on. However, I do not see an icon while driving even though I have the options turned on. And as discuss before, I've been in situations where I thought it should kick in, but it doesn't. Thanks.
I see the green triangle when the car starts. It flashes by. I assume it means that the system is OK. If you block the cameras in the windshield, you'll get warnings that the AEB/FA is not active, so I guess we can assume that it must be active when the cameras are not block.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts