Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all -

I prefer to use my Garmin GPS unit with in my vehicles - but I've noticed that there's significantly less signal strength in my DS, other vehicle is an F-150 and has no issues with the unit mounted on the windshield.

I've read about GPS receivers and such but I have no idea what to pick - something that has to go on the outside of the car perhaps? Any solutions?

-Anthony

·
Registered
590 Posts
Does yours have the heated front windshield? If so that's most likely the problem. You'll probably need some kind of external antenna.

The Disco has a very good Nav IMO.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and likely soon to be a new DS owner (they are popular in Australia too!). But I have a question about the nav. I am encouraged by DiscoDisco's opinion.
I test drove the vehicle today, and played a bit with the nav, - the rep couldn't help - and from the settings I could find, it looked fairly basic, intended for just city driving, and not for a car that flaunts its off-road-ness. I am hoping that in there somewhere there is a way to configure it to show things like altitude, lat-long, gps time and speed(?), to pan across maps, fix North-up display etc. Was going to sit down in the dealer's and study the user's handbook, but that didn't happen.
Anyone have any real actual info? I expect that what one gets in Australia is the same as anywhere else in this regard.
Thanks
Roman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts