Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Discovery Sport for over 3 months now and it is taking awhile to get used to it since I went from a Range Rover Evoque (which I loved) to the Discovery Sport HSE. The only reason I did not get another Evoque was the space was too small for me now that I watch my grandson full time and the Evoque trunk space was not cutting it for me (stroller, groceries, diaper bag) I wanted another Land Rover and chose to go with something a little bigger. I think the Discovery drives smoother than the Evoque, which was a tighter drive with a quick pick up on taking off, while this is a more softer drive with a slower pick up when you take off. I like the room I have now, the controls are just like the Evoque so no change there for me. The gas mileage is little less than the Evoque too but overall I am liking it. I got a black HSE with the black pack and we tinted the windows lack, so everything is black which is the only way I liked the look of the Discovery Sport. My husband gave me the choice of the Evoque or Discovery and I am happy with the third seat we also got as an option, which is good for going to dinner with 7 people if two of the kids sit in the back, but I have sat there also and it is tight, but I am fine for short trips 30 minutes or so.

The only problem I am having is the tailgate closing on me while I am loading groceries or the stroller. It comes down and hits me and does not stop, I have to move out of the way. I am afraid it is going to crush me. I am going to have to take it to get looked out now, but a pain cause I have to get a loaner car and drive to the dealer, 20 minutes away and really not wanting to do so!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Good to hear you switched to the DS. This forum are owners and enthusiasts for this particular model.

As for the tailgate issue:
Sounds like the tailgate issue is a serious safety issue. I'd take it to the dealer immediately!

Does yours have the gesture tailgate option (wave foot under bumper) ???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts