51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
590 Posts
This was all I could find.

Land Rover Owner Information

CAUTION:
The recovery agent must activate the Service park release before recovery commences. This procedure is covered in a separate publication for service personnel. Failure to activate the Service park release can result in serious transmission damage.

I'd call your dealer service department ASAP and ask them.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Also did you call Land Rover roadside assistance? They might be able to tell you how to activate the park over ride. If not they shoud b enable to send you a qualified towing company that knows how to do it.

I am pretty sure that Range Rover has the over ride lever hidden under the cup holders. I have not checked the DS for something like that. Not something you think about till u need it.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Also just found this nugget on an Evoque forum. Would probably work on the DS as well:

Ignition on : then press brake pedal and hold, and at the same time press and hold the + paddle for manual gear shift - for more than 10 seconds. Then the selector raises.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Try that at your own risk, unless confirmed with dealership first.

Granted that would only work if you had power to the vehicle so if it's a dead battery. Barring a manual mechanical override lever, idk what to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts