Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:I just picked up my LR disco sport 2016 - really like it.
I opted for the convenience package and it's supposed to have the gesture tailgate ability. It is also listed on the owner's manual.

I haven't been able to get it to work. on line videos haven't been helpful.

any tips?:confused:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You need to not be directly behind it. Slowly do a footy kick from the side (either left or right). I am having serious problem with mine though... has a mind of its own and closes/opens randomly without anyone around... it is a safety concern and for some reason Landrover have not fixed it!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Something could be wrong with the sensor and you wouldn't want it to open randomly. Best to bring it to the dealership. Let us know what they say!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just picked up a 2016 Disco Sport HSE and can't get the power gestured tailgate to work. Asked the Sales Person and he said that it is not available on the 2016 - will come on the 2017, yet my manual talks about using is - where to kick, etc. Am I nuts or is this on the HSE Lux only (in any case, he doesn't appear to know what he's talking about...)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Keep in mind information in the manual is all inclusive of all trims: SE, HSE, HSE Lux. Just because the information/How To is in the manual doesn't mean your car will have that feature. Yes, it's misleading the way it's presented: it should denote to the reader that this feature may be "optional" or only applicable as an "add-on" if purchased.

I have the SE and I don't have the Surround Camera System....nor 20 other features in the manual. :(

·
Registered
63 Posts
:confused:I just picked up my LR disco sport 2016 - really like it.
I opted for the convenience package and it's supposed to have the gesture tailgate ability. It is also listed on the owner's manual.

I haven't been able to get it to work. on line videos haven't been helpful.

any tips?:confused:
It is a practice makes perfect approach, I have been using mine for 8 weeks and still have trouble. These are the things that I have noticed:

1. It will only work when the car is locked. Many try and use it when the car is unlocked and it wont work!
2. gesture sensors are behind the rear bumper approximately in line with the rear parking sensors
3. To get it to work, one has to move slowly, the manual recommends making a kicking motion, I find moving your foot laterally (left or right) underneath the rear bumper, slowly works better.
4. System reacts slowly, so make a pass at the sensor first and wait (about a second) you should hear a beep and the indicator lights will flash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts