Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been very happy with my shiny brand new 2020 Discovery Sport R- Dynamic HSE and being of an age i studied the manuals diligently. The manual provided with the car, shows the pictorial foot motions to operate the powered tail gate..alas i have been unable to get the footwork right to open said tailgate.
I visited the agents today and asked if the gesture opening was fitted as standard or was it an option that i wasn't aware of, they were unsure to be honest, but on trying to build a new one it was decided that no, it isn't an option to purchase when ordering the car, therefore it isn't fitted on the model.
I do find it extraordinary to depict a feature in a manual that is not fitted as standard or as an option to purchase, perhaps anyone who has had the new Discovery Sport could solve the mystery for me.
Kind Regards
Retiree..scratching his head.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The online version of the owners manual has a disclaimer that states, "The information covered in this guide covers all vehicle derivatives and optional equipment, some of which may not be fitted to your vehicle." I don't have my printed manual accessible but it may be the same situation.

I can't find it now, but I think I read on her somewhere that that feature was deleted from the 2020 models?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your very helpful response, good to know people do read the issue and respond accordingly. Interestingly I have spoken to a couple of Land Rover people who cannot answer the question as to whether the gesture Powered Tailgate is standard in new 2020 models , it is not an option to add at build stage.I can only assume that the feature, clearly shown in the handbook ...which is generic and is the same handbook regardless of model, options fitted etc.
Many thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts