Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Georgia is trying to convince JLR to build their first US facility there. If it vests Georgia would welcome JLR after Mercedes moved to Atlanta recently while Porsche has been set up there for a time...

he American Southeast has lately become the favored destination of foreign automakers to locate their assembly plants for the often-generous incentives offered by states and municipalities, as well as the region’s historically business-friendly policies. The latest automaker to reportedly be eyeing the South is Jaguar Land Rover (JLR). The Atlanta Journal and Constitution is reporting that Governor Nathan Deal recently visited the U.K. and met with representatives of Jaguar Land Rover to discuss the possibility of locating a manufacturing plant in the state with an annual volume of as many as 200,000 units.
Georgia Reportedly Courting Jaguar Land Rover for New Plant

·
Registered
284 Posts
Good for Georgia I suppose. I just wonder if the state will work really hard to stop unionization since that seems to be a recurring theme whenever some new factory is going to open in the south.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Good call on their part, with how JLR wants to grow, that should bring some good economic growth to the state.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I just feel like the only reason why the south is getting a lot of this manufacturing business is because they are engaged in a race to the bottom. less regulation, less tax, etc...

·
Registered
293 Posts
I just feel like the only reason why the south is getting a lot of this manufacturing business is because they are engaged in a race to the bottom. less regulation, less tax, etc...
those would indeed be things that factor into it all from how i see it.
not too familiar with the businesses side to it though.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I think for a while to come there will be nations lower down the scale willing to take up these jobs

·
Registered
284 Posts
I never really thought of Austria as a country with lower wages. I thought Austria was pretty well off actually. Turkey is another story though.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Clearly at a state for this move to be justified, coming from some where that has their hand out asking for more.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Apparently Georgia isn't out of the question . JLR is considering all three places and may even build two new factories. One in North America and another elsewhere.

·
Registered
293 Posts
That's quite the growth to happen.
JLR has 3 new vehicles I can think of that could make use of them

·
Registered
284 Posts
They will have new models out, but I think the bigger question is whether those models will be successful enough to warrant this drastic an expansion of JLR's capacity. It looks like JLR is banking on them all being a success.

·
Registered
122 Posts
XE, Discovery, and the new Jaguar SUV seem to be strong products, I have a feeling they should pull through good numbers.

Plus who knows what else they have planned

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just hope they plan on going with sleeker headlights on the coupe as it will serve the coupe well, supporting the image such a vehicle should have.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The XE's headlights should be used on other Jaguars. They are so nice that they should become a part of Jaguar's design language.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts