Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - leased a brand new 2017 Disco sport om March 25 2017. Had it four months and four times the same thing has happened. Go to start the car, the brake pedal is more resistant than usual. Then press the start button and all gauges go up and down, radio goes on for a second before electrics turn off and message 'Gearbox Fault' or 'Tyre Pressure Monitoring' appears. The engine does not engage and the gear knob does not appear. I have discovered that leaving it overnight miraculously fixes the problem. Had to tow the car twice now.I have video of the issue but it is a .mov file and not allowed .... Land Rover are telling me this is a one off ... but I have had a few people tell me anecdotally that they have heard others with the same issue.... anyone else seen this ?!? thx

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yes, I have had that happen a few times.
It seems to happen most when it's a very hot day, AC running, just parked after running around and then sitting in the sun.
I have to get out, lock the car, then locate the car using the LR app on my phone, and start the engine remotely.
Then I can start to drive her.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks .. tried that and not worked ... also happened at night time when hardly used so not sure its a heat thing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts