Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Well we picked up the new Disco HSE TD4 in white with panoramic and black contrast roof yesterday and today I took it to our local beach to test it out off-road.

We run a B&B during summer and there is a beach nearby that allows car access as pedestrian access is very difficult. With the Disco I will be able to drop some of our guests who don't have a 4x4 to the beach as part of our "friendly" service.

I decided to risk trying the trip along the access track with tyres at road pressure to see how it would handle it and i was surprised that it did so without a problem. I might just add that I carried a set of Tred recovery boards in case things didn't work out. However this will allow me to take our guests 90% there and drop them to walk over the last dune onto the beach.

Today as it had been raining and the sand was still damp I pushed my luck and went down onto the beach and again it handled it extremely well. Normally if planning to go onto the beach I will have deflated my tyres to about 20psi especially when the sand is hot and dry.

So early days I know - but the car has exceeded my expectations so far and I trust it continues.

Stuart

·
Registered
5 Posts
G'day Stuart! Your Disco Sport sounds nice, can't wait to get my hands on ours. Ours is also white with a panoramic roof, but without the black contrast (I liked it but SWMBO didn't). Sounds like a nice B&B you run, Port Stephens is a very lovely part of the world - we've been there twice and loved it. First time we stayed at Peppers, which was fantastic, but that was pre-kids. Second time, with kids, was somewhere much less fancy!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome aboard Stuart ! Glad to hear that it handles well in both settings of that beach. Dry and wet and spongy. Can't wait to hear future impressions on it. Any complaints so far though or is it all peachy rose petals ??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No complaints a couple of things that I am adjusting to - there is a bit of lag in acceleration which causes me to apply more throttle and then it takes off with a start but I think I will need to be a little more patient in that area to keep it smooth. The other is the gear selector which is awesome, but taking a little while to get used to.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Typically I find with the drive-by-wire systems these days, there's always a lag in the throttle. I know there's a way you can get rid of it with a little box thing or a tune but it's kinda extra if that's the only thing that bothers you. I'm sure you'll adjust to it just fine ! Glad you're loving it so far though my friend.

·
Registered
63 Posts
nice to hear it handles well on dry and spongy sand.

I have taken mine out onto dirt tracks with a few steep inclines /ridges but nothing as soft as sand (im not game to scratch the shiny black rims)..

Enjoy the care mate, its nice to drive very comfortable on the open road..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts