Discovery Sport Forum banner

Gas Mileage

31K views 39 replies 11 participants last post by  Stevebo 
#1 ·
Hey all, so looking at the responses to my "which gas grade do you use" question, I thought I would see what kind of numbers people are getting for mileage. In any responses please note which grade of gas you are using.

Just as an aside, does anybody find the computer to be really optimistic?

So far we have about 1000 miles (1600 kms) on ours, use premium gas and have been getting 23 mpg (US gallons) or 10.2 l/100kms. Although the computer is claiming 26.4 mpg (8.9 l/100 kms)

While this is pretty good, I have to be honest and say that I had hoped for better - I was hoping for my actual to be more like what the computer was saying.

So what do you guys get for mileage?

#37 ·
10mpg is not right for such a car with I4 Turbo...that's more like what H3 would do....
I mean...I am not too impressed with the fuel economy...my local / city driving gets me an average speed of 25mph which then translates into about 13-14mpg..... once I start averaging 50mph or above I get about 22mpg.....don't think that in the 2 months of ownership (it's 2017 HSE) I have seen the car hit anything better

#38 ·
The Disco Sport with the old I4 is not great on gas. We use automatic.com for a bunch of fancy graphs, one of which is fuel economy from the OBD / ECM. Our trusty 08 Sequoia with a wee 5.7L v8 & 381HP averages 15.5MPG in 2016. Our Disco Sport with a lot less cargo typically is has gotten 18.1MPG in the last two months. To be honest, we're quite shocked. Love the car, how it does so poorly with fuel boggles the mind.

#39 ·
Couldn't agree more, Dinkeldorf.... really weak performance in terms of MPG.
I wonder if it isn't a bit due to the slow acceleration and sluggish transmission....
For me....I think I might be hitting it too hard since it feels sluggish (after driving fast sedans all my life).... I am rather impatient with DS's acceleration so I hit it hard for 3-4 sec...wait for the delay of the Turbo and the transmission trying hard to jump through the infinity of gears and finally after the vehicle almost redlines and finally picks up some speed - I ease on it....

the few times when in S mode - I felt the type of response that I'd expect from this type of a vehicle....so don't feel the need to hit on the gas so hard....I will try driving only in S-mode for a while....might actually improve my MPG....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.