Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your favourite DS colour? I'm tossing up between the Fuji White and Corris Grey. I'm probably leaning towards the grey but not sure if it looks dirty faster and more maintenance than the white.

·
Registered
211 Posts
tzasinta - Well, I considered the same thing (though loved the Firenza red as well) - each with the Black Pack. In the end, I opted for the Corris Grey for a couple of reasons. Number 1 - the model my dealer had in white had a beige interior. I didn't like that with the white and Black Pack. Number 2 - the dealer had the Corris Grey in the show room - and man did it look great! Have been happy with the choice, and find that it doesn't show the dirt very obviously at all. I may go a few weeks between washes, even with a bit of rain spray - not very noticeable (in my opinion). I've had white vehicles in the past, and they seemed to show dirt easier.

Either way - white or grey - they look great (especially with the Black Pack).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to hear you chose the grey as I am leaning towards it. I was wondering if you have noticed it being hot (temperature-wise) because of the darker colour?

·
Registered
33 Posts
The Scotia Grey is really cool. It changes colors so sometimes it looks Corris Grey and sometimes Scotia Grey depending on lighting etc. I was worried if I was really going to love it. But now I wouldn't go with anything else. but between white and grey. Id go grey.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Living in Texas, heat can be an issue (yikes!). I do believe that the grey would pick up more heat than the white, but haven't really had anything to compare it to. I don't think the grey would be much worse than the white, since the big issue is sun coming in through the glass rather than being picked up by the body and radiated inwards. So, if you have a windshield cover that will help quite a bit. Also, I have the black pack - so the black roof doesn't help! (would be the same with white with black pack).

Not sure where you live, though noticing the way you spell colour - as opposed to American color - I'm guessing either Canada or the UK (where heat shouldn't be an issue), or Australia (where heat can be an issue!).

·
Registered
588 Posts
Living in Southern California where desert heat is common even in the fall and spring, I chose Fuji white.
I also chose a light color interior.
No black pack on my DS.

BTW, my last 4 BMW cars I have had were all Alpine white with either gray, terracotta or beige interiors.

Compared to my GF black car - mine is so much cooler in the sun.

Coupled with the optional climate comfort package with cooling ventilated seats, I am super happy even in 100+ degree weather...

·
Registered
211 Posts
4sallypat - Agreed on the ventilated seats! Don't expect freezer temp air cooling your backside - but the cool air and circulation, really helps! That option was critical when I moved from the Infiniti - that and 360 degree cameras...
Will concede to your experience of dark vs light colors and inside temps. Have always had darker cars (expect for a silver pick up years ago), and my wife has also had darker cars - so nothing to compare to. At the end of the day, I picked what I liked based an aesthetics rather than inside temps. But, we all have our own decision-making tree:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts