Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I bought a 2016 Disco and it’s great but I’m experiencing the common issue of the “slow tank fill” problem and I’m still looking to get that corrected. The other issue I have is actual mileage vs the display. The tank says there is a 18.5 gallon capacity yet when I fill it up the display reads 307 miles until empty. That’s roughly 17 mpg’s so is that typical if you just drive normal ? ( not in Sport mode)
I kinda expected a 4 to at least pull 25 mpg.
Let me know , thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
628 Posts
The computer tries to calculate how far you can drive based on the way you have been driving. It does not consider the reserve fuel in the tank.
If you want to find out your fuel economy use a pencil and paper and do the actual math when you fill the tank. OOPS pencil and paper is so yesterday LOL use a calculator.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The computer tries to calculate how far you can drive based on the way you have been driving. It does not consider the reserve fuel in the tank.
If you want to find out your fuel economy use a pencil and paper and do the actual math when you fill the tank. OOPS pencil and paper is so yesterday LOL use a calculator.
Thanks Bill , I wasn’t aware there was a reserve. I’m a full to empty guy. 😁👍🏼

1 - 3 of 3 Posts