Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
i just bought a used discovery sport hse 2019 , with 9k miles on it. Never had a land rover before.

Here is the issue:
when car body twists or going over uneven i hear rubbing, rattle like noise coming from inside door panel area. it is subtle . Is it not loud. But consistent. And it is not only one door, I hear it from passenger front as well.
When I partially roll down a window its is almost gone but not 100% gone. all the way down i dont hear it.
It is during low speeds <20mph, typically when going in or out of driveway when body twists on going thru different angles.
It is coming from inside door panel.

It is not B pillar ticking issue.
Also I have checked the lower portion of the doors which covers the door step, although it is not supertight there it is not coming from there. I have troubleshooted it with putting something there to make it not move.
I also siliconed the rubber around doors, no impact.

At higher speeds its not an issue, it is also not worse when going over big bumps issue - just uneven smooth road super low speeds you hear it.

This gives the car a cheap build quality experience. maybe it is normal. I have searched this forum and also read people sound isolating panels, which sounds ok but that was not said it was due to this issue.

so is this normal ? i have not driven other DS.

thank you
jt

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
590 Posts
The Topix article is 3 years old so probably does not apply to new builds. But give it a try.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi
i just bought a used discovery sport hse 2019 , with 9k miles on it. Never had a land rover before.

Here is the issue:
when car body twists or going over uneven i hear rubbing, rattle like noise coming from inside door panel area. it is subtle . Is it not loud. But consistent. And it is not only one door, I hear it from passenger front as well.
When I partially roll down a window its is almost gone but not 100% gone. all the way down i dont hear it.
It is during low speeds <20mph, typically when going in or out of driveway when body twists on going thru different angles.
It is coming from inside door panel.

It is not B pillar ticking issue.
Also I have checked the lower portion of the doors which covers the door step, although it is not supertight there it is not coming from there. I have troubleshooted it with putting something there to make it not move.
I also siliconed the rubber around doors, no impact.

At higher speeds its not an issue, it is also not worse when going over big bumps issue - just uneven smooth road super low speeds you hear it.

This gives the car a cheap build quality experience. maybe it is normal. I have searched this forum and also read people sound isolating panels, which sounds ok but that was not said it was due to this issue.

so is this normal ? i have not driven other DS.

thank you
jt
It's not difficult to remove the door panels, so I would do this and have a look. I know that on the 2017 model there are some anti-rattle straps, these can come loose I believe. You will need to buy new clips...eBay is usually good for this...check they are the correct type as there's lots of different ones. There are some screws under the door trim panels and one on the outer edge under a plastic cover...just pulls off I think then....be careful to remove the wiring and cable. I have got some rattles in mine which seem to come and go, so this is on my list of jobs...also my rear door handles stick quite often when opening the door, not sure why.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts