Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does, anyone .... know how to get the front facia off of these cars? My DS was backed into at some point, broke the licence plate bracket, and some piece from the radiator air dam fell into the grill by the intercooler. Just wondering if anyone could guide me on how to get it off with out me figuring it out for myself lol I'll post pictures of the air dam things that fell out. No major damage though not really a scratch either.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You can register and get a short-term subscription to the TOPIx website, which has all the service instructions and schematics.
https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com
I've used it on my old LR2 and now for my DS, most recently to put on the OEM tow package. The instructions didn't cover everything so I got a week-long TOPIx subscription to fill in the holes. This may help you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, you're not on your own, I to would like to know how to take off the front bumper/panel I am sure it will be fitted with plenty of hidden plastic clips there are 3 or 4 screws to take off under the bonnet where the catch is you can then take off the front upper grill and I think 3 or 4 more to take off under the front under skirt/pan then the main bit is more complex, hope some one out there knows how to do it. I have bought a front tow bar kit so I can launch my small boat easily, fixing it entails removal of the front bumper/trim. Hope some one out there has done this job.
John

·
Registered
2 Posts
After my son and I spent about an hour trying to figure out how the front bumper comes off and realising there are plenty of hidden clips, if you don't know where they are you are stuffed, didn't dare damage it as a new one would cost hundreds of pounds so I took it 2 miles down the road to the local Land Rover garage who fitted the tow bar for £211, jobs a good un!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts