Discovery Sport Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My service appointment is the week of 11/9. I have accumulated quite a list that I will post under separate cover. If we don't have these featues, I think LR had the obligation to tell us and not lead us to believe we did by leaving them in the menu selection. More to come.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Please let us know what you find out. Looking through my owners manual more closely last night, most of the information in AEB section was prefaced with "When ACC is fitted...". My opinion..., checkbox notwithstanding, no AEB function.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Document - AEB System Operation JLR document - Cre (page 1 of 2).jpg

Document - AEB System Operation JLR document - Cre (page 2 of 2).jpg

My car has returned from service and this is the reference for AEB. It is SSM72378. I can not say that I am convinced unless there are two cameras (stereo) in front of the rear view mirror. I do not have any other cameras in the front that I can locate and have never received an AEB intervention warning, even when it feels as though I should have.

The attached documents provide the information on this topic.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ha, now this is good info!

Add to this that my dealer called me few weeks ago to tell me that the "Driver Assist Pack", which includes AEB will be available for cars built from early december.
So I choose to order it and because of my choice delivery slipped from end of December to mid-February...

Edit: forgot to mention canadian market. I understand that different markets have different optional packages...

·
Registered
139 Posts
This is encouraging. I am more of a believer now since this indicates later breaking than a driver would. Perhaps this is why I have never had any indication.

Clemson Vehicular Electronics Laboratory: Automatic Braking Systems
That's good info. That was my question, as I had been in some sudden stops, but always paying enough attention to be applying the breaks early myself. I figured that this system will go unnoticed until I really need it. Hopefully I never do.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Thank you dgrant for sharing the dealer service info!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, dgrant add my thanks as well! I was looking forward to your update. Interesting that the reference says AEB/FA will only work at speeds between 5 and 50 mph and only when it recognizes another vehicle. Good info.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can confirm the same as above. Just picked up my DS from the dealership and one of the issues they looked at was the AEB/Forward Collision Alert. The dealership said the Forward Collision icon in the dash will only light up when AEB is activated. They also said AEB would only activate as a last resort before an imminent crash, which I haven't experienced.

I was expecting the Forward Collision Alert to be green at a safe following distance and then turn to yellow/red as I approached a vehicle too closely. However, this is not the case.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can confirm that auto breaking works. My wife had someone run a red light, she was distracted and the DS screetched to a halt without her touching the brake at all. Turns out the other driver freaked out and was hitting the brakes at the same time. Crisis averted and a totalled car averted. Anyway, the Automatic Emergency Braking system worked wonders and saved us a **** of a bill and potential injury. Just letting people know. We have a 2016 HSE Lux purchased in October 2015 in USA.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Aegeansoulja, thanks to sharing. Like most of us, I hope I will never need to use it. But that is reassuring. On a side note, I wonder if knowing this makes me worse driver than I would otherwise be.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts