Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just wondering if their is a way to turn the folding mirrors lock/unlock off/on. Just due to ice build up in the winter don't want to be breaking anything and or destroying motors in it etc. Any help will be appreciated thanks!

-J.

M

·
0 Posts
J - I believe that function can only be disabled by the dealer, there is no user option to disable. If you don't lock the car they won't fold;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha, of course they are the only ones who can do that! But in all fairness I have left the vehicle unlocked/ with the keys in the car, and the car didn't move so... their is that! but thanks!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Not possible - not even by the dealer.

I've been through this with our local dealer and I even went all the way to JLR Canada to get to the bottom of it. This "feature" can not be disabled. Very, very annoying. Twice this winter we have experienced that the mirrors disengaged from the power adjustment mechanism after freezing rain. Then you have to hack away all the ice, scratching the housing in the process, and fold the mirrors again to get them to reconnect with the mechanism. I'm sure one day soon the whole thing will break and I'll have a nasty fight with the dealer to get this fixed under warranty. At least we have it on record that we took it in to try and prevent this from happening.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It is annoying. Thankfully happened when the car was parked at home so I used a hair dryer to melt the ice to "unfreeze" the mirrors last week

1 - 5 of 5 Posts