Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new car yesterday (HSE) and I have a couple of questions:

The spec says the mirrors should be power folding, but they don't fold when the vehicle gets locked. Is there a setting somewhere which enables this feature?

When backing up, the display shows only two lines instead of four. Again - is there a setting which changes this?

Finally - when I stop a car after a drive, I can hear a quiet fan running somewhere in the engine compartment - it seems to be running for 30 secs or a minute (didn't time it). It is definitely not a big cooling fan (it is too quiet for that), but I can hear it when park in our garage. Anyone knows what it is?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Im not sure about the first two questions, but i suspect the last one could be the motor for the cooling or heating of the front seats if they are set to be on. Next time, if they are intact heating or cooling your seat. Turn them off and see if that noise goes away. Ive heard a similar noise, and when I turned off the climate seats, the noise went away.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fixed the mirrors - they just needed to be reseted. The noise - I don't hear it inside, only from outside - I don't think it is the climate seats. In any case, it is not a disturbing sounds, but perhaps more surprising / a bit noisier than our other cars.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Got a new car yesterday (HSE) and I have a couple of questions:

The spec says the mirrors should be power folding, but they don't fold when the vehicle gets locked. Is there a setting somewhere which enables this feature?
Your mirrors didn't fold automatically? Hallelujah! I would pay good money to have that setup on our DS! The stupid things fold automatically every time and there's no way of disabling it. A few times this winter the darn things got stuck on snow and ice and the mirrors snapped out of the mechanism. Very annoying. How hard is it to just make this a user-selectable feature?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is actually very simple. Just fold the mirror manually and return it back. This should disable the automatic folding system. Then pressing both buttons to fold the mirrors should enable this (or something like that).

·
Registered
106 Posts
It is actually very simple. Just fold the mirror manually and return it back. This should disable the automatic folding system. Then pressing both buttons to fold the mirrors should enable this (or something like that).
Really? That simple? Would that disable the automatic feature permanently? I'll have to try this! Dealer has been useless with no suggested solution. I've taken it all the way to JLR Canada as well. Probably fruitless, but maybe a future update will enable a simple toggle for this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is what the manual says:

An amount of knock protection is designed into the door mirrors. If a door mirror is accidentally knocked inwards or manually folded inwards, the mirror head disengages from the folding mechanism. To re-engage the mechanism, fold, then unfold the door mirror using the button.

The mirrors can be configured by a retailer/authorized repairer to automatically fold when the vehicle is locked, and unfold when it is unlocked.

Land Rover Owner Information

So what I described was an accidentally disabled feature :) I guess you will need to see the dealer ...

·
Registered
106 Posts
This is what the manual says:

An amount of knock protection is designed into the door mirrors. If a door mirror is accidentally knocked inwards or manually folded inwards, the mirror head disengages from the folding mechanism. To re-engage the mechanism, fold, then unfold the door mirror using the button.

The mirrors can be configured by a retailer/authorized repairer to automatically fold when the vehicle is locked, and unfold when it is unlocked.

Land Rover Owner Information

So what I described was an accidentally disabled feature :) I guess you will need to see the dealer ...
I see. Yeah, that is what has happened to us a couple of times when the mirrors got jammed with snow and ice. Mirrors disengaged from the mechanism and then we just locked and unlocked the car to get them engaged to the mechanism again. You can also use the mirror buttons to unfold and fold in that situation.

What bugs me is that the manual clearly states the dealership can configure (enable) the automatic folding feature. I argued with the dealer that they should then also be able to do the revers - disable the automatic folding, but apparently that's impossible for them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts