Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm also having issues with my 2016 disco sport soooo... its been sat around 3 month hasn't been started I went to start it today neither of my two key fobs would open the doors opened the car with the key inside the fob alarms blaring neighbours going off as you can imagine it opens the door i have no interior lights no life whats so ever couldnt get the alarm to turn off so I've pulled the battery off (alarm still going off mind) tested it with a multi meter ( 12.1 3 volts ), I've set the battery away on a trickle charge over night to see if its just a flat battery issue but I feel like the both keys have lost communication with the car has anyone come across anything like this ?

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
590 Posts
After the car has sat around for a long time it goes into sleep mode to conserve power and it will no longer communicate with the fob. More prevalent on higher end units with keyless opening and with remote apps.
Also if the car battery is dead or almost dead fobs will not work. Charge battery first.
Use mechanical key to enter car, push the start button and you will get the remote not reconized message place the remote under the steering wheel as directed. Now start the car and the car will now communicate with the fob again.

I think most of us have entered the car with no key or tried to start to quickly and have noticed the message.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts