Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First-time Land Rover owner. Recently purchased a CPO 2018 Discovery Sport HSE (was the dealerships loaner vehicle). Came with the Certified warranty for a total coverage of 5 years and 100,000 miles.

Super excited about the purchase and looking forward to many happy years with it.

Am currently researching pre-paid maintenance plans; they appear to be a good deal. Would love others reviews on them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello, I have a 2018 DS HSE Lux that I am leasing. It's an excellent and it handles the NY snow like a beast! I hope you enjoy it. What made you choose the Disco Sport? Any other options you had in mind before you chose this car?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, I have a 2018 DS HSE Lux that I am leasing. It's an excellent and it handles the NY snow like a beast! I hope you enjoy it. What made you choose the Disco Sport? Any other options you had in mind before you chose this car?
Well, this is our second car of the household. Used primarily for longer trips or in the winter. Primary vehicle is a sedan. Wife and I have always had a smaller SUV for our second car.

So, when we were researching, we test-drove the Audi Q3, Jaguar E-Pace, and Volvo XC40. In all of them, we were looking for Certified Pre-Owned; in our experience, that's the most bang for the buck for our needs Based on our price-range (under $40k) we wanted the most fully-loaded, newest year, lowest miles we could get.

Audi - not enough gadgets (some 2017s didn't even have memory seats!).
Volvo - wife hated the shape.
Jaguar - Shape was decent. Loved the interior. The interior space, however, sucked. Fully loaded models got pricey quickly.
Land Rover - loved the shape, the interior, plenty of space, drove with authority, and we got a nicely-loaded model (more gadgets than all the others). Plus, we got a CPO 2018 with 3k miles on it (newest we could get with others were 2017s with 10k miles).

We didn't care about the long-term reliability part; it's covered for 5 yrs/100k miles (chances are we'll trade it in for something newer in 4 years anyway). Plus, we have a Land Rover dealership up the road that we can take the vehicle to whenever needed and get a loaner easily.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts