Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I'm at my 10k mark on my (new) leased 2016 discovery sport. I called to make an appointment with the dealer today and they said it's about $350 - $375 - which includes some labor, check some parts on the engine, change the oil, etc

That seems like a complete rip-off for a basic oil change.

Anyone else come across this? Any reason why I wouldn't just bring it to a local oil change shop and have them do it instead?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
311 Posts
I believe my dealership is about $500. They change all the filters (pollen, air, etc).

Since it is a 10k change, I would not risk the incorrect oil or filters through a Jiffy Lube or something comparable.

I think this is what you need to expect when buying and maintaining a Land Rover. That is why they drive better.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Anyone know if having the service (i.e. oil change) done somewhere other than Land Rover will void the warranty? Pricey - even though they change lots of filters (how many really need to be replaced at 10 anyway)?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All, I'm at my 10k mark on my (new) leased 2016 discovery sport. I called to make an appointment with the dealer today and they said it's about $350 - $375 - which includes some labor, check some parts on the engine, change the oil, etc

That seems like a complete rip-off for a basic oil change.

Anyone else come across this? Any reason why I wouldn't just bring it to a local oil change shop and have them do it instead?

Thanks in advance!
I had a dealership in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada do my 10,000 mile oil change. They charged about $300.00 Canadian so it figures out to about $200.00 in U.S. dollars. They also did the pollen filter. If you have a maintenance agreement purchased from a dealer in the U.S. they will not honor it in Canada even though the dealership in the U.S. who sold it said they would honor it in Canada. I live northeastern North Dakota and Winnipeg, Manitoba is by far the closest dealership.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just had my 20K service. The dealer in Maryland where I purchased my Discovery Sport quoted me at over $700. I called a dealer in PA closer to where I live and they did the same service for $400. When questioned, the dealer in Maryland stated he has higher labor per hour rates than the dealer in PA.

The service conducted followed the service manual exactly. As well, they completed all of the recalls and updates. The car drivers better than ever and the lag issue is gone. Needless to say, I have found a new service dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can anyone please tell me do we need to get an oil change at 10K. Because when I purchased my 2016 DS the salesman told me just do it when the oil change reminder light up. Now I put more than 15K on it and still nothing happens yet. So please tell me if anything wrong with my car and should I call the dealer and tell them about it. Thanks in advance and your input is appreciated.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Can anyone please tell me do we need to get an oil change at 10K. Because when I purchased my 2016 DS the salesman told me just do it when the oil change reminder light up. Now I put more than 15K on it and still nothing happens yet. So please tell me if anything wrong with my car and should I call the dealer and tell them about it. Thanks in advance and your input is appreciated.

Several cars , mine included, have to get a software update to show the service reminder. I would go to the dealer and see if your car needs it

M

·
0 Posts

The interval is 10,000 miles or 16,000 kilometers. Since you are in B.C. I would expect you are reading in kilometers, and still have 1,000 to go...
(edit - sorry saw the latest response from Bill F is from B.C. :eek:- not sure where you are! Perhaps it is a mile/kilometer thing anyway!)

·
Registered
588 Posts
The inControl app will tell you if service is needed.
That's what I have been using for the past 2 oil changes since the car itself will not warn you.

My DS is in the shop and they are addressing the issue - warranty update free of charge.

BTW, my indy charges $130 for a LR oil change and does not void the warranty.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Is this your first service? From what I understand and maybe its only for Canadians but Land Rover should have sent you something with a free first service along with other trinkets. (Same package as the land rover experience info)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Heading to Colorado from FL tomorrow so this weekend i decided to do the oil change since it was prompting me for service in 1300miles.

Super easy to do. I replace the oil filter with a KN filter as I use that in all my motors. Replace paper air filter also with a KN since i also have that in everything else. Bought the oil from the amazon link someone posted (bit pricey but no issues so far)...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Paid $700 to do an oil change during the 10K service on my Evoque - asked them what was included and they said they do an inspection and an oil change. That service was more than what I ever paid for my RR V8 S/C services.

For a normal oil change they charge $150 - lesson learned, just tell them you want an oil change because the service tech already does an inspection when doing an oil change anyway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts