Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today was the first "cold" day here in Texas (37 degrees this morning).

Noticed some interesting things (I have Cold Climate Package): little orange snowflake in center instrument display next to temp.; front and rear defrosters came on automatically (though not needed - no frost/fog); turned seat warmer to 3, then 1, then off (warm!); heated steering wheel became nice and toasty (turned it off after a short time - warm!); display in the center instrument panel showing low tire pressure (presumably due to the cold) - which tire and what the pressure was. Next, I'll have to wait for frost/ice to see how well the heated windshield works!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just switched over to a discovery from an LR4 that also had the Cold Climate Package. I live in Chicago so i used to it all the time. I wouldn't buy a car without it even if i lived in the south.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the Cold Climate Package because of the ventilated front seats (very helpful in hot weather and leather seats!). Probably won't need the cold weather stuff very often, but glad to have it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got the Cold Climate Package because of the ventilated front seats (very helpful in hot weather and leather seats!). Probably won't need the cold weather stuff very often, but glad to have it.

Its good for resale as well. Many dealers will ship trade ins around the country and if you dont have cold weather you can pretty much scratch off the north.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good point:D

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yup, that's why I got it on mine - we in the South have more hot days than cold.
When it's cold, the heaters are nice to relieve the sore back...
When it's hot, having the ability to not get of the car in the summer with a wet back or behind due to sweat accumulating - a wonderful option to have for sure!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts