Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my 2019 DS HSE (petrol) since mid-June 2019 and I love it. After a couple months short of a year, it has about 4800 miles on the clock. I've been working from home for several years, so there's no commuting, and with COVID-19 there are few places to go outside of work, so the DS doesn't move a lot.

So, on Tuesday I ran the DS a few miles to get the annual emissions test done (passed) then came home and parked it and locked it.

On Thursday morning I went out to the DS to go run some errands. When I touched the door handle nothing happened. I touched another door handle or 2 to the same result. I tried the fob buttons. Nothing. I did the same routine with the other fob to the same result, and the iPhone app wouldn't connect.

I called the dealer service and they dispatched a truck. He was here in less than 30 minutes which I thought was amazing, but there's no traffic these days. The mechanic opened the door with the emergency key. No lights or sounds, and of course it wouldn't start. He popped the hood and put a charge pack on the battery. He let it sit for no more than 3 minutes and then started the DS. The charging system checked out OK. He didn't have any equipment with which to test the battery. He had no explanation for what had happened. He said he's seen it a few times - the vehicle just seems to lock itself up. It's been fine since.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I got out Sunday and did an old-fashioned Sunday drive. I drove 20 miles up the 4 lane and 20 miles back down the 4 lane at a little over 60 mph. The 19 y.o. Jeep can sit for a month or more and fire right up when you turn the key , but I also recognize that when for Jeep is turned off there are only two things drawing current - the digital clock and the keyless access system. I will wager there are more systems drawing current on the DS when it's parked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts