Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, looking at pick up a new 2019 Disco Sport HSE or Landmark in the next month, no dealer close by, nearest is 6 hour boat ride and then a 4 hour drive! I’m having trouble finding much info on the Disco sports 4WD operation, other than selecting the different drive modes through the Terrain response button is there a way to manually select 4WD to lock the differentials and keep them locked as per an normal 4WD truck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The DS is permanent all wheel drive. There is no low-range and there aren't locking differentials. Traction is maintained electronically through the operation of an ECU that monitors individual wheel speed - and will brake a spinning wheel. The amount of "slip" permitted being determined by the terrain response setting.

I'm still learning about these cars - so if I've missed anything, please someone do let us know! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not specifically about the drive, but given your distance from a dealer, might you consider purchasing a vehicle at a more local dealership for servicing purposes?
Jaguar/LR are not known for their fabulous reliability. Don't mean to be a downer, but you need to be practical, IMO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts