Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! I have a 2016 LR Discovery Sport that I purchased as a CPO in August of 2017. Last week I noticed the air bag light on so I took it to my local dealership. They diagnosed the issue as a faulty restraint module that has to be replaced. My vehicle was still under warranty, but the dealership said the module wasn’t covered. I called LR customer service and was told that LR doesn’t have a warranty department and that everything is handled at the dealership level.

many of this sound correct? I’m skeptical.

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
591 Posts
I believe that airbags are only covered by new car warranties and not for extended warranties. Since you bought a CPO they could be right.

Curiuos ,, how much have they quoted for a replacement module? And have you gone to a second dealership for an other diagnoses?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe that airbags are only covered by new car warranties and not for extended warranties. Since you bought a CPO they could be right.

Curiuos ,, how much have they quoted for a replacement module? And have you gone to a second dealership for an other diagnoses?
$1400 for the module, not including labor. Haven’t gone to a second dealership yet but am considering it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I imagine the modules have to be programmed to your VIN so I'm not sure how many options you have outside of a dealer replacing it. If you have an independent mechanic who's good at electrical diagnosis near you, it may be worth paying them an hour of labor to verify it's the module and not something else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts